Chapter 41: It's A Car Chase But We're On A Motorcycle

Raven

I roll over onto my back and when I open my eyes I'm staring up at a ceiling. Getting up I look over and see Bridget sitting passed out in a round, kind of like a bowl, chair. She finally seems calm and peaceful which is amazing especially after everything that happened to the two of us in the past few hours or at least I think it was a few hours. I make my way over to her and slowly grab her wrist trying not to wake her. I feel the elemental flow through me and then the connection is gone. Once I let go she starts to move, but then stops and is back asleep.

Walking out the door I look down the hall to the left then to the right. The house is completely silent making me think it's early in the morning. I look back into the room and find the clock on the wall. It says it's after ten in the morning. Guess we all had a long night or everyone's out? Hmm, well whatever it is I'm hungry. I feel like I haven't eaten in days, I bet because Zack probably never really fed me. Walking downstairs I turn to the right entering the kitchen. Before I can make it to the cabinets someone grabs me and covers my mouth.

"If you make one move the others in the house die." He whispers quietly in my ear, but it's enough to make my eyes wide. I don't believe him, he's probably lying. Then again if this is one of Zack's guys, which it probably is, he will do anything for power.

Taking a breath I make a quick decision by turning fast and kicking him in the chest. I go to run, but then someone comes out from the right side of the kitchen who was hiding and grabs me throwing me across the counter. Best part is the counter had a few bowls and plates on it so when I slide across they all crashed down to the ground making a loud noise.

The thing that bothers me the most is what the hell is wrong with people and thinking throwing me across tables or counters or into walls will somehow solve everything! Like do you have no better or other option?

Jackson

Laying in bed staring at the wall must have really tired me out, and maybe the most recent event's too because I passed out. Something happened though. I must have been dreaming because all of a sudden there is a loud crash and my eyes spring open. I sit up and look at Tyler, but he is already up and by the door.

"What's going on?" I ask him as I start to get up myself.

"I don't know I heard a loud crash and was going to go look." He heard it too? Oh god Rae.

"Let's go we don't know what's going on and if it involves Rae it must not be good." Tyler opens the door and when we step out mom is already by the stairs peeking her head around the wall looking downstairs trying to see what's going on.

All of a sudden there is a loud sound of a door flying open and we all turn to see Bridget coming out of the room in a hurry.

"What's wrong Bridget?" Mom speaks first, but quietly so whoever is downstairs can't hear us. I don't know why though, cause Bridget literally just slammed a door open so they probably know we're here and awake.

"Rae, sh-she's gone." We all freeze then I hear someone yell and I dart for the stairs. Before I can get downstairs Tyler grabs me and holds me back.

"Let me go." He isn't budging and his grip is getting tighter.

"How is this possible Kelly. I thought they were connected." Tyler ignores me and then goes right to questioning mom.

"Rae must have detached the two of them this morning." All of a sudden I break free from Tyler and right when I make it to the stairs one guy pushes Rae against the wall and starts to strangle her.

Raven

I get up just to be grabbed again, but this time by two guys one on each arm. Like where are they all coming from? The man that first grabbed me from behind approaches us and I just give him this pissed off look that he just laughs at. Once he gets close enough he slaps me across the face for fun and laughs again.