Chapter 14: Stop Saying But

"Now I know it's only the third day of school but we already have our first assignment. Now everyone knows about this except Rae. As you know everyone's first period of the day is their special arts class. Every year we have this annual talent show that shows off everyone's talents for their first periods. This lasts about the first two weeks of school to show what's in store for each class for the rest of the year. Also the winners get money, sometimes there's people here from record or music labels, scholarships, you name it. Now not everyone will perform. The main people performing are Jessie, Brandon, Kennedy, Kevin and Jackson. There is one more spot open for one of you girls left to be Jackson's partner. Now I know Brittany and Brianna aren't going to compete so it would just be between Rae and Bridget."

"Um hold on. I thought I was partners with Jackson." Bridget doesn't even give Miss. Fields a second to take a breath before answering.

"I never said that Miss. Harrison."

"Actually yes after last year when I was his partner." She's getting all bitchy again. This is not going to be fun.

"You misunderstood me, that was true, but I said it mattered on whoever new was coming to class. If it was a new guy student the same thing would be happening mattering on how talented he was."

"This isn't fair. I'm more talented than her!"

"Temper tantrum much." I add in as she starts to get all mad.

"Oh look who's talking." Wow nice little kid remark.

"You two stop and tell me right now if you both would like to audition?"

"I would like to." Of course Bridget would want to.

"Miss. Madison?" Miss. Fields looks over to me.

"Sure why not." Bridget's mad and frankly I don't care.

Under her breath in a mocking voice, "Sure why not I would love to blah blah blah..."

"Did you say something Miss. Harrison?" Miss. Fields looks at Bridget who's in shocked that anyone heard her.

"What? No."
"That's what I thought. Oh also Miss. Daniel's and I decided your punishment for your little fight yesterday, we will be taking points off your final scores for this little competition to see who will be Jackson's partner in the actual competition. Rae you will get two points off your final score out of 25."

"Hahaha!" Bridget starts to laugh.

"Oh I wouldn't be to happy Miss. Harrison you have four points off."

"What! Why does she get less." Bridget's temper just spiked.

"You established the fight." I answer back to her rage.
"No she crashed into me!"

"On accident so we thought it was only fair." Miss. Fields responds before another fight breaks out.

"But..."

"Don't start, that's my final answer."

"So how are we doing this competition?" I'm trying to settle the tension in the room.

"I don't know yet Miss. Madison, do you have any ideas?"

"Well Bridget and I could have twenty minutes tomorrow with everyone to teach them a song, either Jackson and us sing together or just us, then we choreograph a dance and show it to you and maybe a few other judges."

"That won't work." Of course nothing's ever good for Bridget.

"And why not?"

"Because I want to dance with my girls this year."