Chapter Twenty: Party Time

'I knew I shouldn't have trusted them.'

Lilly and Alex said they would take us to a steakhouse, but here we were standing outside of a bar instead.

I was getting ready to curse them out when Changkyun said, "I haven't been to a bar in a while!"

"Me neither." Jooheon said excitedly as we were ushered in.

When the boys disappeared to find a table, I turned angrily to the two girls.

"This is not a steakhouse!" I yelled over the music.

Lilly shrugged, "They sell steak here." She smirked at me before Alex dragged her to follow after the guys.

This wouldn't even be fun for me. I was underage in America. I couldn't drink.

I groaned, pushing through the crowd to find the guys had taken up a large booth in the back. Lilly and Alex had clung onto Wonho and Shownu, both looking uncomfortable with the girls' disrespect of personal space.

I slid last into the booth, finding myself seated next to a spaced-out Hyungwon.

"This place is too loud..." He muttered to me.

"I agree." I sighed.

I looked around to see that the bar was actually pretty nice. It was designed so that people could come eat a meal and then have fun afterwards. Part of the restaurant was set aside for dancing and the music was blaring.

 Part of the restaurant was set aside for dancing and the music was blaring

I just wanted to eat.

A waitress came by that looked at us with recognition.

I was worried that maybe she was a fan.

"You're that girl that fought off a shark!" She smiled at me, "I was at the beach when it happened!"

'Thank god.' I sighed with relief.

"Yeah, that was me." I smiled at her.

"First round of drinks are on us." The waitress cheered, "You're like a legend around here right now. So what can I get you guys?"

Hoping I wouldn't be carded, I looked over the menu and then said, "I'll get a Watermelon Martini."

The waitress didn't ask me for my ID, instead she took everyone's drink orders before disappearing.

"We're going to have so much fun tonight!" Lilly yelled over the music.

'I'm sure that's your plan.'

When the waitress came back with our drinks I took a sip of it, knowing I would need to get tipsy to survive this night. I noticed Hyungwon had the same plan and was downing his malt liquor.

"Do you guys like to dance?" Alex asked Shownu, whose forearm she just couldn't let go of.

"They love dancing." I said, answering for Shownu. Alex glared at me, wanting to hear it from Shownu's mouth himself. But he wasn't exactly fluent in English, neither was Wonho. "They kind of do it professionally."