Chapter Forty Eight: Coming Clean

"I don't know what I would have done if we couldn't get you out." Changkyun sighed as we rolled our luggage into the hotel lobby.

"Of course we would have broken her out!" Hyungwon butt in, rolling his eyes.

I chuckled at the ridiculous thought.

"You would have broken her out of jail? With those noodle arms?" Wonho laughed, "Try again."

"Either way." Kihyun cut in before the argument could continue, "We're glad you're free."

"Thanks." I smiled. 

I was especially thankful to the FBI for getting me out. If not for them, I would have been stuck in jail. The former job truly was paying off.

Shownu returned with the room keys, handing them out to everyone.

I was ready to go to sleep and finally relax.

"All I have to say," I muttered as the group of us walked to the elevators, "is if any more fans cross the line, I'm going to fight them. I don't care if I get thrown in jail again."

"You probably shouldn't do that." Jooheon laughed, "I don't know if it's worth it."

"Oh, it is." I nodded bitterly, "Some of these fans don't treat you like people. They treat you like objects. It's ridiculous."

The elevators doors opened and we parted ways to our rooms. I unlocked the door and stepped into my sanctuary.

I let out a sigh once I was alone, flopping down onto the bed.

"Finally, a moment alone." I muttered, my eyes fluttering closed. I wanted to get at least eight hours of sleep tonight.

But not a moment passed before my phone beeped, startling me out of my relaxed state.

'Who the fuck is bothering me right now?'

I rolled over and grabbed my phone, seeing that four text messages came in at the same time.

One from Hyungwon, one from Shownu, one from Changkyun, and one from Wonho.

The texts all said the same thing: Let's meet up again.

"Dammit." I grumbled, unsure of what to do.

I'd already been through enough today, I didn't want to deal with anything else.

'Maybe I should tell them all that I'm tired.'

My eyes brightened up.

"Or maybe this is a blessing in disguise," I plotted, sitting up straight. "This might be my only chance to let them down easy." 

I mean, would there another chance to get just the four of them alone? Probably not. I had to take the opportunity now that I had it.

Tonight I would tell them the truth, let them down easy, and we could all just move on.

That was the fairest thing to do to for them, right?

I shouldn't leading them on. It would only hurt them more in the future, right?

"This is the right thing to do..."

I sat at the hotel's empty cafe, twiddling with my thumbs. One worker stood at the cash register, falling asleep on the job.

The boys should be showing up any second now, and a confrontation was on its way. I hoped no one would show up to watch this.