Chapter Fifty One: Choi's Anatomy

Changkyun's POV

Monsta X ran through the hospital, searching for Areum's room. I tripped a little on the way, focusing on finding her instead of where I was stepping.

After we heard the news about Jiyeon's accident, we all ran out of the restaurant (after paying the bill of course) and we were covered in food. It was difficult to hail a taxi, since no one wanted to give a ride to seven filthy guys.

Eventually we had to run all the way to the hospital.

Kihyun stopped in front of one room. "She's supposed to be in here," He said, pulling open the door.

We found Jiyeon lying on a hospital bed. Her head was wrapped in a bandage, along with her left arm and right hand.

She was unconscious, laying peacefully.

"Jiyeon!" We yelled in unison, crowding around her bed.

"What happened?" Shownu asked softly.

"Well..." Kihyun muttered, "She ran out of the restaurant because she was so disgusted by our horrendous behaviors. So she wasn't paying attention to where she was going, she ran out into the street..."

I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth. I felt like I was about to cry, tears pricking at the back of my eyes. This was all our fault.

Why couldn't we just get along?

"She was hit by a car." Kihyun said solemnly.

Hyungwon put his face in his hands, shocked by the news.

"This is our fault." I muttered.

"Don't say that." Jiyeon said groggily.

We moved in closer once we noticed she was awake.

I held onto her uninjured hand, hoping that my touch could somehow heal her. But that was naive of me to think.

"Are you okay?" Minhyuk asked.

Jooheon elbowed him lightly, "Of course she's not okay! She was just hit by a car."

"When I'm gone, I want you all to remain together."
 Jiyeon said, looking around at all of us.

"Gone?!" Wonho yelled, he was crying now, "Are you dying?"

I, too, started to cry. The thought of Jiyeon disappearing, or dying, was breaking my heart. Kihyun patted me on the shoulder, trying to comfort me. He was being strong for everyone, holding his feelings in.

We waited for Jiyeon to answer the question, but she just looked down at her lap.

'Shit, she is dying. Isn't she?'

As everyone in the room was crying their eyes out, Jiyeon suddenly yelled, "Sike!"

She started laughing, taking the bandage off her head to reveal she was perfectly uninjured. Kihyun laughed next to me as well.

  I stared blankly at her. It took a moment before I realized this was a prank.

"What the hell Jiyeon! We were really worried about you!" Hyungwon yelled, wiping his eyes.

"Sorry, guys. I knew too." Kihyun said, raising his hand.

"But... why?" Minhyuk asked, pouting.

Jiyeon let out a sigh, twiddling with her thumbs.

"She doesn't want you guys to fight over her anymore." Kihyun cut in.

I looked over at my hyungs. Shownu glanced at me, and I looked at Hyungwon and Wonho too. They seemed just as embarrassed about our behavior as I did.

"The only way to stop the fighting was to fake something like this," Kihyun said, "Actually, it was my idea."

"This was you idea?!?" Wonho yelled, "You should have picked something less extreme."

Kihyun shrugged.

"See, guys? I might not be around forever, as your bodyguard or as your friend," Jiyeon said. I couldn't imagine Jiyeon not being around us anymore. Even though she's only been with us for a short time, she's made a huge impact in our lives. "But you seven will always be connected spiritually, emotionally, and physically." She motioned towards the group. "Don't let your feelings for me come between your friendship."

"Can you guys make up now?" Kihyun asked us, "Please?"

I looked at Shownu, Wonho and Hyungwon. They looked a bit apprehensive, but the pettiness quickly melted away.

"Yeah, let's make up." I said, putting my hand out for them to touch.

Shownu put his hand in first, smiling crookedly, "Yeah, let's make up."

Hyungwon put his hand in next, smiling, "I was getting bored of fighting with you all, anyway."

The three of us looked to Wonho, who was the most hesitant.

After a moment, he broke out into a smile and put his hand in the middle, "I can't stay mad at you guys."

Jiyeon clapped and the other three cheered as well.

"Finally!" Jooheon groaned, "Now, no more food throwing at restaurants, okay?"

"Deal." I smiled.

"And in the future, whoever Jiyeon falls in love with, we'll just have to accept it. Okay?" Kihyun added.

"Deal." Wonho nodded.

"Let's get back to our tour." Minhyuk cheered. 

While everyone was celebrating, I noticed Kihyun's gaze lingering on Jiyeon. He smiled when she smiled. And he followed her out of the room closely, helping her remove the fake bandages from her hand and arm.

My eyes widened when I realized...

'Shit, not him too!'