Hyungwon

Hyungwon's POV

'I cannot believe Jiyeon is still avoiding me..'

Maybe I'm being unreasonable; because I was avoiding Jiyeon, too. But in my mind, I expected she would put more effort into reconnecting with me.

When I say "leave me alone," I don't actually mean "leave me alone." I mean "bother me until I open up to you."

What was go complicated to understand about that?

"Ready for rehearsal?" Shownu asked, grabbing my shoulders to bring me back to reality.

This whole time I had been standing, staring at a wall.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I muttered.

Shownu led me towards the stage. We walked (like models, might I add) through the crowd of idols. Everyone had to rehearse for this hugely popular end-of-the-year award show, so there would be no hiccups.

I brushed passed a girl, my arm bumping her shoulder. I realized quickly that this was the girl I had a date with later tonight. She is a member of the rookie group Dreamcather. She was actually the leader, in fact.

Her name is Minji but her stage name is Jiu.

Minji apologized for bumping into me, remaining as nonchalant as possible because her manager was right beside her.

Minji is cute, but I only agreed to go on this date to make Jiyeon jealous. I hoped my plan would work.

Maybe I'm being an asshole for using Jiu, but at least I would be paying for dinner. 

We stepped out on stage and rehearsal began. 

Because it was just rehearsal, I didn't put all of my effort into it. In fact, I was quite distracted by my own thoughts.

The impending date with Minji lingered in the back of my mind, and I was especially excited about it after seeing Jiyeon's reaction. She already looked jealous!

I wanted Jiyeon to see me walking off with another girl, because I wanted to know her true feelings. If she loved me like I love her, then it would hurt her deeply. Because I was hurt every day that we spent apart.

The months Jiyeon was away, I waited and waited for her to just call me.

Or text me.

Or do anything!

But it never happened, I didn't hear her voice for months. When I checked the news, I saw she was doing well. It was like she forgot about us just because she became successful in America.

It pissed me off.

And then, one day, she just shows up at a fansign expecting me to smile and pretend I'm happy? Yeah right!

Before you start thinking I'm a complete asshole, hear me out.

I didn't start talking to Minji just to make Jiyeon jealous.

My intentions were pure. I wanted to get over Jiyeon in case she never talked to us again. I didn't want to spend my whole life hung up on Jiyeon.

But now I'm doing it for revenge.

Rehearsal ended and I walked backstage, avoiding the others. As a result of avoiding Jiyeon, I had kind of alienated myself from Monsta X.

They were all so excited to see her, rather than being bitter like me. I wanted an apology from her! But I felt alone with my opinion.