Shownu 2

5 Years Later...

I glanced at my watch, standing outside of Starship entertainment.

"He's supposed to be done by now..." I muttered, staring up at the building. I tapped my toe impatiently, waiting for Shownu to come out.

But I knew he wasn't going to come out on his own, so I had to go get him myself. I scanned myself into the building. Now that Starship has become a hugely successful company, we had to up security so crazy fans couldn't sneak in.

"Hello Jiyeon. Shownu's in the third dance room today." The receptionist smiled at me.

I gave her a thumbs up as I passed. 

Monsta X's success paid for the Starship building to expand. Now they had multiple dance rooms, recording rooms, practice rooms, etc. We even had to add a second gym, since most of our male trainees wanted to follow in Wonho's and Shownu's footsteps to get muscular.

I pushed open the door to the third dance room to find Shownu and a fresh group of trainees. I was immediately hit with a waft of hot, sweaty air. They're been practicing in here for hours.

Shownu became a prominent dance trainer after Monsta X's huge success. While everyone was branching off to do their own things, Shownu took his talents and became a choreographer. He was also a sought-after dancing coach. 

Starship's dance rooms were frequented by talented trainees from all of Korea. Jellyfish, SM, and much more wanted to use Shownu to coach their trainees. But he only did occasional coaching sessions, and they were always packed.

That's what he was doing right now.

And he was taking waaayyyyy too long.

The attention was turned to me once I opened the door. Shownu peeked his head around the group at me. He was sweaty and breathless from hours of dancing, and he looked as handsome as always.

One of the trainees knew what was up, chuckling, "Looks like you've got to go." 

Shownu laughed too, turning to the crowd of trainees.

"Alright, everyone. Good job today. Get home and rest before tomorrow."

The trainees bowed to Shownu, shuffling out of the room past me.

"You know we have plans tonight, right?" I asked, arms folded over my chest. Shownu was busy trying to gather his things.

"I know," he smiled to me, wiping off his sweat with a towel, "I never forget."

'He totally forgot,' I thought, raising a brow at him.

It wasn't Shownu's fault. This date was quite arbitrary. But on the first Thursday of every month, we have a special day. It commemorates the day we officially started dating, and was some of the scarce alone time we had.

I guess you could call it an anniversary.

Shownu pulled off his tank top and changed into a t-shirt.

'Abs are still there,' I thought, staring at the lines on his stomach.

He smirked when he saw me staring before pulling his shirt on.

"I need to get my abs back," I muttered, somewhat dejected.

"Huh?" Shownu asked. He threw his arm over my shoulder once he was ready to leave. And we started walking away together.

"My abs..." I said a bit louder.

"Oh," Shownu replied, his eyes a bit wide, "Well, I like you like this. It doesn't matter if you have abs or not."