Chapter Forty Seven: Spending the Night in Jail

I stared in awe as the bars of the jail cell closed in front of me with a loud clink.

"But I'm telling you, I'm a bodyguard!" I yelled after the officer as he walked away, ignoring my protests. "You need to arrest those girls, not me!"

After the fight, I was cuffed and put in a seat towards the front of the first class area. The Air Marshal kept a close eye on me as I sat in silence, cursing at myself internally for being so explosive.

Once we landed, I was thrown into the closet police station. It had one small cell that I was held in. The airport was interviewing the crazy fans who were likely going to throw me under the bus, even though they should have been charged. 

"What about my one call?!" I yelled after him.

I let out a sigh, taking a seat on the bench.

"How did I get myself into this?" I groaned, leaning my head against the wall.

I started to panic, 'Now I'm going to have criminal record! The FBI can't get me out of this...'

Or can they?

"I want my phone call!" I yelled through the bars. "I know my rights!"

The sheriff groaned before stomping over, "Fine. Just be quiet, alright? It's been a long night."

He pulled the key out of his back pocket and grabbed me by the forearm, dragging me over to the phone. He stood back and watched as I tentatively punched in the phone number.

I brought the receiver up to my ear. I was shaking waiting for someone to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's me. Choi Jiyeon." I replied quickly, glancing over my shoulder, "My badge number is 801A562B. Listen, I'm..."

"What are you doing in Dallas?"

"Well, you see... the thing is..." I let out a sigh. "It's a long story. I'm in jail. I need my one favor, can you get me out?"

There was a loud dial-tone as the person on the other side hung up the phone.

"Hello?" I muttered.

"Alright, back in you go." The Sheriff said once he noticed I was done with he call. He grabbed my forearm and tossing me back into the cell.

I took a seat on the bench.

'Now I wait...'

Changkyun's POV

"You guys don't understand! She is our bodyguard, she was just protect us from those crazy fans!" I explained to the woman who sat behind the front desk. I watched as police officers walked around in the background.

"I'm sorry, but she's going to be charged with assault and disorderly conduct." The woman responded, "Unless the people she assaulted change their mind, she'll be spending the night in jail and charged."

"But they were harassing us! Why aren't we able to press charges?" I argued.

The woman rolled her eyes and answered a phone that wasn't ringing, turning away from me.

I let out a sigh, turning back to the guys.

"What did she say?" Shownu asked.

"They're going to keep her." I sighed, "They won't listen to her side of the story."

"What?! That's ridiculous!" Wonho cut in.

"It is..." I muttered, "I don't know what to do."

"If the company finds out about this she's going to be in huge trouble..." Kihyun's voice trailed off.

"They're absolutely can't find out!" Hyungwon cut in, "Let's bribe the cops or something."

"We can't do that." I laughed.

"Then now what?" Jooheon asked.

We all stood in silence, staring at the floor.

Then suddenly, the woman from behind us caught my attention. "Excuse me, you were here for Jiyeon Choi, right?"

I hurried up to the counter, nodding enthusiastically, "Yeah, we are."

"She's just been released." The woman replied. "She'll be out in a moment."

"Seriously?" I asked, smiling.

She nodded before turning back to her computer.

I spun around to face the boys, "They're letting her go!"

The group let out a sigh of relief.

"It must have been something we did." Minhyuk said, smiling.

"I mean, we must have done something right." Wonho added. "They're releasing her right after you spoke to them."

"We got her out of jail!" Jooheon cheered.

We all cheered as Jiyeon was led to the front by the officer. My heart raced seeing her, she looked beautiful even after fighting off a hoard of girls. Part of me wanted to me to ask her to be my girlfriend right now. But I was snapped out of it when the boys ran past me and pull her into a group hug. I didn't want be left out of it, so I joined too.

"Sorry about causing a scene." Jiyeon muttered.

"It's okay, you were just trying to protect us." Shownu said.

"Let's just go. We have a world tour to get back to."

??? POV

"Hello? Yeah, it's me." My eyes followed the group of attractive men as they led this familiar girl away, "I think I've spotted her."

"Are you sure it's her?"

"Yeah, I'm sure of it." I replied quickly, recalling the photograph that was sent out to everyone. This girl was public enemy number one, and I was lucky enough to run into her. Maybe I'd be able to move up the food chain if I brought her to the boss, "What should I do?"

"Tail her. Make sure you've got the right girl. We'll close in on her eventually. Just be patient. She's dangerous, we're going to have to be careful about how we capture her."

"Alright."

I hung up once I saw the group walk out of the police station. I waited a moment before following after them.

"Jiyeon Choi, I've caught you."