Chapter Thirty Four: Barriers

Falling asleep that night, I was finally able to get some peace. Now that I was sharing a room with Kihyun, Minhyuk, and Jooheon; I didn't have to hear anyone fighting over me. But I assumed that the argument was still being carried out in the next room.

'I feel bad for Shownu.'

I rolled over on my side, the bed creaking with my movement. I was sure Shownu would have to hear a lot of bickering keeping him awake.

But I was still somewhat happy that it wasn't me being bothered.

We all woke up early the next morning to get to the agency. The boys had to start practicing for their world tour, everyone preparing their own special stages to show fans. I decided to stick with Shownu and Jooheon, the ones who give me the least of a headache, while the others disappeared to practice other things.

Shownu had created a choreography for a Bruno Mar's song, Versace on the Floor. I wondered if they actually knew what the song was about. But, probably not. The two practiced singing and dancing to the song while I sat in the back, admiring them.

'Wow, I wish I had taken up dance.' I had always wanted to be good at dancing. I was only good at fighting, which, in a way, is an art too.

I was distracted from my admiring when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

It was an unknown number texting me. I read the text: Watch Out.

I looked down at my phone, brow raised. Who could this possibly be?

I glanced around the room, standing up and exiting the dance studio to search around for anyone potentially watching me. My heart racing, I did a couple of rounds through the agency before going outside.

I looked up and down the empty street, looking for someone or something that was out of place.

We'll be waiting.

I looked down at my phone, eyes widening.

'What if...'

What if it was him? The mob boss? What if he had found me after the shark picture went viral on the internet? Him and his accomplices knew what I looked like, after all. Maybe they were searching for me. After all, I knew too much.

Maybe they had found me.

Terrified, I hurried back into the agency, deciding to spend my time watching the front door now. I kept a sharp eye out for anyone coming and going and passing by on the street.

I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me.

"Jiyeon."

The call of my name scared me out of my trance. I was shaken now, worried about what to do.

Should I call my the Chief? They would know what to do.

"Jiyeon, can you pick up some coffee for everyone?" I looked up into the oblivious face of the manager. I'm sure he and the members were all tired and hard at work going through preparation and practice. Being a manager couldn't possibly be that easy, he has to keep track of seven men 24/7.

I nodded tentatively, afraid to leave everyone alone in the building.

'It's okay, nothing bad is going to happen.'