Chapter Fifty Five: Fly Little Bird

My eyes darted around the room as I tried to plan our escape.

'Think, Jiyeon, think.'

Those mafia guys could come back any second now. But my mind was working slower than usual.

'I know!'

I kicked the ground hard enough so that the chair I was tied to would fall backwards with force. The boys gasped at my sudden fall. But I accomplished what I was hoping for.

This wooden chair that I was tied to was very flimsy, and the fall made it partially break. I struggled against the chair until the back-rest broke from the seat. Now I could move my torso freely. With enough precision, I was able to slip out of the ropes and free myself.

The boys watched me with wide eyes. They were about to cheer, but a put a finger to my lips.

"We don't want them to hear us," I muttered.

I untied Shownu first, working on the knot as quickly as I could. My hands were shaking, but I eventually managed to free him. I went on to untie Wonho, and Shownu untied the next member until everyone was free.

I pressed my ear against the door, and I could hear the sound of footsteps approaching the door.

I turned to the boys quickly, motioning frantically.

"Pretend you're tied up again." I said, "Wrap the ropes around you, quick."

While they went back to their positions, holding the ropes around them, I hid behind the door just in time for it to open. Our captor sauntered into the room (confident he was about to make a lot of money from capturing us), he expected to find us exactly as he left us. But I was gone and left behind a broken chair.

The shock of my disappearance startled him for a moment.

"What the-" He started to say.

I moved quickly, jumping out behind the door to cover our captor's head with a bag. Thanks to my training, I was able to knock him out before he could call for help.

Once he was unconscious, I searched him, finding a gun in his pocket.

The boys backed up out of fear once they saw the weapon.

'Right, not everyone in the world is used to seeing guns,' I thought, tucking it into my waistband. If the gun scared them, then I'd hide it for as long as possible.

"Come on, let's tie him up," I said.

I opened the door a crack, peeking outside to see that there were two armed men waiting outside. If we weren't careful, a larger group could descend upon us and we might not get out alive. I needed to get rid of the guards outside, then I could get Monsta X to safety.

I looked up to the ceiling and spotted an air vent.

Then I had an idea.

I pulled up the broken chair and stood on it, opening the air vent with ease. With this, I could go to the next room, cause a distraction, and take out the guards.

But that meant I would have to leave the boys unguarded for a minute or two.

"Here." I said, handing them the gun. I knew they were scared of it, but they might need it.

The seven of them recoiled in unison.

"I don't want that," Minhyuk said, shaking his head vigorously.

"I know, I don't want it either." I replied cautiously, "But I'll be gone for a couple minutes... you might have to use it to defend yourselves. These men are soulless, they'll kill you if they catch us trying to escape."