Chapter Fifty Six: Scars

I waited patiently in the warehouse, knowing that the crime boss was  going to show up any moment now. With every passing second, my heart was racing more and more rapidly. In the next matter or hours, or minutes, or seconds... I could be dead.

I had two guns in either hand, but I didn't want to have to use them. With my track record, I was sure I could bring the crime boss in alive and unharmed. I didn't want to have to kill anyone today.

But this might have to be a shoot out.

Suddenly, the vast garage door to the warehouse slid open. I stood my ground, both guns pointed to the Mercedes that rolled up. The high beams were on, and they blinded me for a moment before they  were turned off.

Seated in the driver seat was a chauffeur (hat and all), who had the barrel of a gun rested on the steering wheel, pointed directly at me. In the passenger seat sat a heavy-set Italian man, dressed in a suit.

He smirked when he saw me.

'That must be The Boss...' I thought, my heart skipping a beat.

This was the man that the FBI has been looking for, that I've been tracking down, for years. He sat at the top of the FBI's most wanted list and evaded the authorities for so long... now he's sitting just feet away from me.

"Come out, now!" I yelled, pointing a gun at either of the men, my hand shaking. "Or I'll shoot."

The driver opened his door first, unwavering gun trained on me. I watched him closely, waiting for him to step forward. Curiously, he walked around the front of the car to open The Boss's door. Even in this serious moment, he did his job of opening a car door.

The large man stepped out of the Mercedes nonchalantly, a gold cane in his hand. It looked like he wasn't the leave bit worried. If he had on a straw hat, I would have thought he was on vacation.

Slowly, The Boss walked towards me.

"You must be Jiyeon." He said, voice thick with a New York accent.

"And you must be The Boss." I replied, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I must say, you look... weaker in person." He laughed, standing before  me.

He wasn't the least bit startled that I had two guns pointed at  him. He was clearly used to this.

"Well this 'weak' girl just took out three of your men." I replied, "Don't underestimate me."

The crime boss shrugged, clearly uninterested.

"I know you're weak. Because if you weren't weak, you would have  killed both of us by now," The Boss motioned to himself and the chauffeur.

I was taken aback.

'Should I shoot them?'

I mean, if he was dead, it would still be a win for me... right?

But of course not! I needed him alive! He must face justice for the crimes he's committed!

"Careful what you say," I growled, putting on a brave face, "I'm not afraid to kill either of you."

"Liar!" The chauffeur yelled, waving his gun at me, "I ought to shoot you now-"

I fired a gun at the driver, making sure it wasn't a fatal show. The situation was escalating, if I wasn't careful, they might shoot and kill me.

I had to prove that I meant business.

The driver fell to the ground, clutching his leg.

The Boss didn't seem the least bit fazed.

'This isn't going how I planned,' I panicked.

But then again, I never had a plan to begin with.

"I, Choi Jiyeon, with the power invested in me by the United States Government,  am putting you under arrest!" I yelled, hoping they'd surrender.

"Oh, you are?" The Boss laughed.

"I am." I nodded firmly.

"Think again." He replied.

The Crime Boss raised his cane at me. I stared at it, perplexed. Suddenly, a bullet shot out from the cane and  hit me in the shoulder. I doubled back, my right shoulder in searing pain.

'Shit, I should have known.'

The  gun that I held in my right hand went flying across the warehouse, landing somewhere far away.

More blood  stained my white dress.

'Think, Jiyeon, think.'

How was I going to fight my way out of this now?

"You're going to die here," The Boss walked slowly around me, like a lion toying with its prey. "All because you weren't smart enough to shoot me."

I moved my left hand to point the gun at him, but The Boss knocked the object out my hand before I had the chance

"You're too late now." He laughed, "You should have killed me when you have the chance."

The Boss knelt before me, staring into my eyes. I tried to look as tough as possible, I couldn't let him feel smug. There were my last moments on earth, and I was going to live them like a badass.

"You put up a good fight, though." The Boss pat me on the  head before kneeling in front of me, "And you dress nice, too. Too bad you're going to have to die."

I spat at him and he laughed. The Boss reached into his breast pocket to pull out a handkerchief. He wiped his face slowly before throwing the piece of cloth at me.

Then he stood up slowly, pointing a gold-plated gun in my face.

"Goodbye... Choi Jiyeon."

I closed my eyes, the memories of the times I spent with Monsta X running through my head.

'Shine forever.' I thought.

Hopefully, I can do that, too...

"Put your hands up!"

Bright lights flashed and heavy footsteps surrounded me.

My eyes shot open, and I saw SWAT surrounding The Boss and I.The FBI had arrived, and just  in time. Their guns trained on The Boss and his lackey.

And for once, that smug expression fell from his face.

"They did I." I muttered, smiling to myself.

When Monsta X ran away into the forest, the number that I gave them belonged to the Director of the FBI. In the time it took for the The Boss to show up, the FBI were able to successfully track us down arrive here. (And most importantly, the boys were out of harms way.)

My plan of catching The Boss relied on a wing and a prayer, but thankfully it worked out. And not a moment too soon. A second longer, and I would have been dead.

I slowly got to my feet. Wincing, I placed a hand over my gunshot wound.

Three agents rushed forward to arrest the Crime Boss, another pair arrested that driver.

"Good job, Agent Choi." The Director appeared out of nowhere, patting me on my good  shoulder, "Thanks to you, we've caught one of the biggest Crime Bosses  in the US. Your name is going to go down in history."

"Yeah, thanks." I muttered, my shoulder pulsing with pain. I was much more interested in getting medical help than praise right now.

Paramedics rolled over a stretcher, helping me lay down. They started to roll me to the waiting ambulance, but I put a hand up to stop them.

"Wait, I want to watch this." I said.

I propped myself up on my good arm and watched closely as The Boss was cuffed and dragged away.

"Who's smart now?" I yelled, sticking up my middle finger.