Chapter Fifty Three: Wanderer

Before we begin this chapter, I would just like to say that Kihyun is not my Monsta X bias. But ever since I started writing about him for this story, I've noticed how charming he is. He boutta wreck my bias list, forreal.

-------------------

It was 9 p.m. and I sat in my hotel room, blushing like mad. I couldn't seem to calm down enough to fall asleep. My mind just kept flashing back to what happened earlier today...

Kihyun pulled away from the kiss, and I was still frozen, dumbfounded. Needless to say, I probably didn't look that cute.

"Uh..." I said, staring at Kihyun's face that. He seemed much more handsome all of a sudden.

"I don't want to complicate things," He murmured, fiddling with his clothes, "I just want you to know about my feelings."

'Feelings?!' I thought.

"I..." my voice trailed off.

"You don't have to give me an answer right now," He explained, chuckling to himself, "Just keep me in mind, okay?"

I couldn't really formulate the right words at the moment. I just nodded.

Kihyun smiled to me, patting my head. He pulled his hand away just in time for everyone to return to the van.

I was still blushing, rolling over in bed in hopes of getting comfortable. But Kihyun kept crossing my mind, keeping me awake.

What could I possibly have done to gain his attraction? Or, even, any of the Monsta X members' affection? At the end of the day, I was just a normal girl. But I was obviously doing something special.

I couldn't shake off this feeling and my heart was still racing. So I decided that I needed to tire myself out.

I got out of bed and got dressed, putting on a t-shirt with embroidered flowers and a pair jeans.

I was going to take a quick stroll round LA

I was going to take a quick stroll round LA. Our hotel was in a pretty nice area, so I didn't have to worry about being mugged out on the streets. Either way, I was a bodyguard. So I could kick anyone's ass that tried to mess with me.

With my shoes on my feet, and backpack slung on my shoulders, I stepped out of the hotel and onto the bustling streets of LA. When night fell, most of LA's residents woke up and started their real lives. But I wasn't interested in going to a club or a bar.

I just wanted to people-watch.

My eyes landed on a coffee shop across the street. The bell on the door rang as I walked in, and I admired the cute decor. I ordered a relaxing tea and pastry before taking a seat by the window.

I looked outside the window, watching a diverse array of people pass by. One group in particular caught my attention. They were obviously Monsta X fans, because they were dressed in the merchandise. They were lingering around the hotel, which meant that they knew Monsta X were staying there.

'They better not be trying to sneak in...' I thought, narrowing my eyes at the girls.

But I was distracted once my tea and pastry were set in front of me.

"Thank you," I smiled to the serves before turning back to the window.

After I calmed down, and it was past 10 p.m., I decided it was time to go back to the hotel. I needed to get rest before the last concert tomorrow.

I walked slowly back to the hotel, watching my surrounding as I passed along the sidewalk, when I noticed something strange...

Footsteps followed closely behind me. I glanced over my shoulder. A man that I recognized from the cafe was tailing me.

'Shit.' I thought, 'I should have just stayed in the hotel.'

To make sure this guy was certainly following me, I made a random turn down the street. He turned when I turned.

As I suspected, he was following me.

'Make another random turn, then I'll know for sure he's following me.'

I turned right down the sidewalk and the man followed closer behind me.

Quickly, I formulated a plan.  I stopped at the entrance of an alleyway and took a turn into the shadows. I started running under the guise of the darkness. But the alleyway quickly turned into a wall and I found myself at a dead end.

"Shit." I muttered

'I'm going to have to fight him.' I thought. I turned around, my eyes narrowing.

The mystery man emerged from the shadows, revealing his face. He was the average, Caucasian male. About 5'11, middle-aged, with a slimmer build.

'I can take him.' I thought, rolling back my shoulders.

"What do you want?" I yelled at him, putting up my fists.

The man flinched and was obviously taken aback.

He stuttered before saying, "I... I just thought if you were lost."

"Lost?" I asked, relaxing a bit.

Maybe I misread this guy? Maybe he wasn't some evil person that was trying to kidnap or attack me?

"Yeah," he nodded, "Girls have been kidnapped in this area lately, and I wanted to make sure you weren't lost..."

I let out a sigh when I knew I wasn't in danger.

"No, I'm fine." I replied. "Thank you though."

The man shrugged before turning around and leaving me alone in the alleyway.

'I guess not everyone's evil.'

??? POV

"Boss, I've found her," I muttered, holding a cellphone up to my ear. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure she wasn't following me.  If she heard this conversation, she might skip town.

We've been working for months to find this girl, and she's finally showed up in LA. Once we got rid of her, all of our obstacles would be gone; and then we could get back to business.

Plus I was hoping to get some extra money since I helped catch her myself.

"She's in LA. She's traveling with a group of boys. I'll call you with more information tomorrow."

Soon...

Soon...