Four

Y/N's P.O.V

We drove for a while, music blasting. On the road to nowhere in particular.
After a while it got dark and we just carried on driving.
Dean pulled over by a small lake and turned the engine off.

"Come on." He got out and I followed. He sat down on a bench only a few feet from the Impala.
"Talk."

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Rant, scream, hit me. You only broke down because you aren't talking about the things that are destroying you." Dean said with a serious expression.

"Hit you?" I scoffed and he shrugged.

"Unlike Sam, I can't lecture you on not talking about shit that's breaking you, because I do the same thing." Dean sighed and stood up. I watched as he opened the back door of the Impala and grabbed something.
"Here." He handed me a bottle of beer.

"Thanks." He sat back down opposite me, sipping his beer.

"Look. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to, but if you want to, I'm listening." I wanted to open up to him about the one thing that hurt me, but I was scared.
"No judgement and nothing is to be repeated unless you're comfortable with it." He looked me in the eye and I felt safe.

"Charlie doesn't know this, but I had an older twin. Luke. My mother died giving birth to me so, obviously, Luke was dad's favourite. Then, when we were 9, I begged for us to go out, get some ice cream. Luke didn't want to go, but I convinced him to. Long story short, on the way there I fell into the road. My dad didn't even notice. There was a speeding car and Luke pulled me out of the way, only to get himself hit. He died and that's when my dad began to hit me. I dealt with it for 3 years, before I met Charlie. The rest is history."

"That wasn't your fault. You were just a kid." Dean said and I shrugged.

"Like you didn't do anything you regret." I took a drink of my beer and looked up at the starry sky.

"You have no idea." Dean sighed. I looked at him, his green eyes vibrant in the dim light.
Beautiful.

"Then give me an idea." He laughed a little, before his face became more serious.

"I was 21, Sam was 17. My dad trusted us with this case. We've been hunting most of our lives, it should have been nothing, a simple ghost hunt. Anyway, I got distracted, left Sammy alone in the motel. When I got back, Sam was gone. Only a note saying that I was gone too long and that he had gone to kill the ghost. I rushed to the cemetery where I found him, bloodied and battered. Sam barely survived, I only just got him to the hospital on time. He was in a coma for 2 weeks. The ghost killed 4 more people and I managed to get rid of it, only to get back to the hospital where my dad was waiting."

"You got distracted? Barmaid or Waitress?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Waitress." Dean grinned.
"But seriously, we've both fucked up. Kids or adults it doesn't really matter." He took a long drink of his beer.
"We can be fuckups alone or together and trust me it's better when you've got someone to rely on."

"Thanks, Dean." I said and shivered as a breeze passed. He stood up and threw our empty bottles in the bin that was next to the table. Holding his hand out, Dan grinned at me and I stood up, taking his hand. He opened the back of the car, pulling out a few blankets and passing me one.

"You look exhausted, get in the back and rest." I did as he said and he got in the front, the purr of the engine and the quiet music playing helped me fall asleep.

~Time Skip~

My eyes shot open and I sat up, looking around. Dean was laid across the front seats, eyes closed, breathing softly and I opened the door, quietly closing it behind me.
We weren't by the lake anymore. We were by the side of the road, next to an open field. The stars were dimming as the sun began to slowly rise and I sat on the fence that separated the field from the road.
It felt like weeks ago since I last saw Daniel and I could barely believe it was just hours.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A groggy voice said and I turned to see Dean.

"Yeah." He had bedhead and his clothes were creased, but for some reason it made him unbelievably attractive.
"Did I wake you?"

"I wasn't asleep." He came and sat next to me on the fence.
"We're about 4 hours away from town."

"4 hours?" I looked at him as if he had grown two heads.

"Yeah," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I think I got a bit distracted driving last night and ended up going in the wrong direction."

"Distracted? Barmaid or the Waitress?" He smiled at me softly.

"Neither. It was the beautiful woman in the back of my car." I rolled my eyes, feeling my cheeks warm up.

"You're delusional. When was the last time you slept?" It was Dean's turn to roll his eyes.

"I'm fine." He stated, but then yawned and I smirked at him victoriously.

"Give me the keys. Your turn to get some sleep." His eyes were wide.

"No way, only I drive my baby." I groaned.

"Dean, shut your pie hole and give me the keys before I knock you out and take them from you." He looked slightly shocked, before pulling his keys out of his pocket and handing them to me.

"Fine, but I'm not going to sleep in the back. I might just sit in the front and rest my eyes."