Thirty two

Dean's P.O.V

Burning Y/N's body was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I had to walk away at one point, letting Y/N just burn away. She got a proper Hunter's funeral, she deserved it.

Y/N's P.O.V

I gasped for air, looking around. It was pretty dark, but I could still see trees surrounding me.
I was confused, minutes ago I was with Dean, I was dying and now I'm...

"Welcome to Purgatory, Sister. Care to share what you are? You seem human, but you aren't?" I stood up, feeling my demonic power once again, before turning to face the man.
He was familiar, I could have sworn I saw a picture of him, or someone like him, with Dean.

"You... you said purgatory?!" He nodded his head.
"So you're a monster?"

"Ouch, a little harsh." He protested and I watched him carefully.
"Name's Benny, I'm a vampire. Who are you?"

"Shit. Shit. Shit!" I didn't have any weapons and there was a vampire less than 10 feet away from me.

"Calm down, Sister. I ain't gonna harm you, but right now you're new. You smell like a human mixed with something else, problem being all the other monsters down here only smell the human." I looked at him before moving my shirt slightly. There was no mark, only a slight scar, presumably from the knife.

"Oh god- I need to get back." That's when it hit me. I knew where I'd seen this man.
"You're Benny?"

"That's my name, Sister, you still haven't told me yours." It was a risky move, but I was willing to take it.

"The same Benny who helped Dean Winchester and the angel Castiel escape?" His eyes narrowed and I gulped nervously.

"That would be me. Though that angel escaped on his own." I sighed in relief.

"I'm Y/N. A... friend of Dean's."

"That doesn't explain what you are or how you got here." He took a few steps towards me and o stated still.

"I'm half human, half demon. I accidentally killed myself and now I need to get the hell out of here so I can fix everything." Benny chuckled slightly.

"I helped Dean escape once, I'm sure it won't be impossible to help you, got to warm you though, Sister, it's a long road." I smiled at him a little.

"I'm used to them."

Dean's P.O.V

"Dean, maybe we should do something?" Sam asked.
"Find a case, work, try to get your mind off of it."

"Sam, I don't think that's a good idea." Cas said, but I stayed quiet.
"Dean is grieving, we need to give him time."

"Cas-" My brother and the angel I considered my brother began to argue and after a while I had enough.

"Stop it, both of you!" They both became silent and looked at me guiltily.
"Sam find a case if you want to work a case. Cas, I don't know what you want to do right now, just do it."

"I want to help you, Dean." The angel said calmly.

"I can't be helped." I felt deflated, for some reason Y/N's death hit me harder than any other, even Sam's. Maybe it was because I knew that she wasn't coming back.

"You can. Tell us what's wrong, how you feel." I rolled my eyes and took another drink from my beer.

"Y/N is gone. The slim chance she had at coming back is gone and I can't get over it. We had only just got her back and she's gone again." I took another drink of my beer, this time finishing it.

"What do you mean slim chance of her coming back?" Cas asked and Sam sighed.

"We burned her body. She didn't go to Heaven or Hell, we know that, so she either went to The Empty or Purgatory. Purgatory, she has a small chance of escaping, but there's a more likely chance that she's gone to The Empty." Sam explained and I opened another bottle of beer.

"If she has gone to The Empty, she won't come back from that. No one has or will." ((Yeah, Ok Cas, If you say so.))