Thirty four

Y/N's P.O.V

"7 Leviathans, 19 Werewolves, 21 Vampires, 17 Sirens and however many other monsters later and we've made it." I grinned at the Vampire, who I proudly called my friend.

"You counted all of that?" He asked, looking impressed.

"Hey, I got to tell Dean I did something with the past how long have I been here? 6 months?" Benny chuckled.

"7 months and 3 days." My eyes widened.
"Time flies when you're running around killing monsters."

"I guess it does." I hugged the vampire and he hugged me back.
"Thank you, so much." I tried to pull away from the hug, but Benny still had his arms wrapped around me.
Suddenly he brought his face closer, connecting our lips. After not being kissed for so long, my mind blanked and I kissed back, enjoying the moment. He pushed me back into a tree, his hands tightening around my waist and my arms went around his neck.
The kiss became a little more heated and when we broke away for air, we were both practically panting.
He kissed me again, just a peck this time.

"I... Do you have to go?" He said sadly and guilt shot through me.
I loved Dean, but I had also fallen in love with Benny. I knew I had to go back, but I wanted to stay. Was it really worth going back, possibly just to be rejected or have my heart broken again? Or could I just stay here, living in this world where I was free to be myself, wild and dangerous?

"We've come this far and Benny..." he hung his head.
"Benny, I love you. I honestly do, I want to stay here, but this isn't my home. My home is at the bunker, with the boys."

"You love me, but you love him more." He smiled sadly.
"Go get him. He deserves you more than I do."

"Don't say that." I frowned at him.

"I'll be here, I'll be here if you ever come back." I kissed his cheek and hugged him once again.

"Goodbye Benny." I smiled at him sadly and I faintly heard a reply before stepping into the rift.
Thankfully, the rift opened in a forest, where no one would see.
I began walking, it was pretty dark out and judging by where the moon was, it was about 2 in the morning.
After what felt like 20 minutes I made it out of the forest, finding a gas n' sip. The bright lights were a sight for sore eyes as I walked towards it.

"Miss, are you alright?" The store clerk asked and I nodded.

"Phone. I need a phone." He hurried to pull his mobile out of his pocket, unlocking it and handing it to me.
I called the one number on my mind.

"Who is this and how did you get this number?" The sleepy voice of Dean muttered into the phone and I sighed in relief.

"Guess who's back?" I said nervously and I heard him take a sharp intake of breath. The clerk watched me carefully.

"Y-Y/N?" I could practically see his shocked expression.
"Where are you? How are you alive?"

"Where am I?" I asked the store clerk and he looked confused.

"Salt Lake City, Utah." He said.
"Do you need me to call 911?" He asked and I shook my head, no.

"Straight from Purgatory and into Utah. Salt Lake City." I heard shuffling and something crashing on the other end of the line.

"I'm on my way." Dean said and I chuckled slightly.

"It's fine. I can get back on my own, I just wanted to call you, make sure you had survived without me." I heard another bang, before mumbles.
"Dean?"

"Y/N is it really you?" I heard Sam ask.

"Heya Sammy, I should be back soon, I've just stopped to get a snack." I heard the younger Winchester's laughter.
"Right I have to go, see you soon, boys." I hung up and gave the clerk his phone back, noticing two things:
The first thing was the date on a newspaper and the second thing was my reflection in a glass cabinet behind the counter. I was a complete mess and tomorrow was Halloween.

"Are sure you don't need me to call 911?" The guy couldn't have been older than 25 and I felt kind of bad for him.

"No thanks, I was trying out my Halloween costume for a party tomorrow, make up and all. I got ditched though and I don't have any money." I smiled awkwardly at him and he seemed to be buying it, however he did look at my sharp sword-like weapon suspiciously.
"A friend is coming to pick me up and all, but I'm starving."