Chapter 6

Emily

Everything happened so quickly.

I lunged at the woman with the intent of ripping her throat out but Devon hooked his arm around my waist. He turned away from the woman and Xavier, taking me with him as he held me tightly against him. I fought him, struggling in his grasp, I could even hear myself growling at him, but the scent from that woman was overwhelming, I had to have it.

"Xavier, take Chanel downstairs." I heard Cyrus say, I didn't see them leave but I heard the door shut.

"She's gone Em, time to calm down." Devon held me tight, my back pressing against his chest. The scent of the woman was beginning to fade, and I was able to hold back my thirst. I shut my eyes tight, trying to regain my sense of reason.

"Well, that went smoothly." Cyrus said, I could almost hear the grin in his voice.

"I knew this would happen, she isn't ready to be around humans yet." Devon mumbled towards Cyrus, I opened my eyes and raised my head.

"She was human?" I spoke slowly, my voice sounded a little hoarse.

"Yes, Chanel is one of the Doves we have here inside the Coven, she actually volunteered to do this." Cyrus spoke again.

Human, the woman was human. For some reason that fact scarred me, if Devon hadn't stopped me from attacking I would have killed her, no doubt about it. Why was it that her scent drove me mad? It only took seconds before the hunger took over me.

"Emily, are you okay now?" Devon said softly into my ear, I nodded and he released me from his embrace, but he grabbed for my hand.

"It's okay, we knew you might freak out, human blood is a lot different than anything you'll ever experience." He said trying to comfort me.

"You seem fine around humans, how long does it take until I'm in control of myself?" I asked, Devon shrugged.

"It's different for me, I was raised a vampire, I've dealt with my instincts since I was born. You haven't, it'll take some time, but we'll get there." Devon smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead. His words were somewhat comforting, and I felt very close to him right then and there. Devon would be here for me, to help me and make sure I was safe.

"That's all for today, hopefully in a couple weeks we can run some more... extensive tests." Cyrus grinned and held out his hand to Devon. "I'm sure you don't need Xavier to escort you down a floor." Devon grabbed his offered hand and shook it.

"No, thank you." Cyrus nodded and turned towards me. He placed his hand on my shoulder, his dark eyes pierced me and yet they had a softness to them.

"Things will get easier dear, soon you might just be stronger than all of us, but for now, enjoy your time alone." Cyrus smiled and turned back towards his desk. Devon reached for my hand and together we walked out of the master Warriors lair.

**********

Devon

Emily seemed restless as we relaxed in our room. She fidgeted on the bed, not being able to sit still.

"Devon" she called out to me as I exited the bathroom.

"Yes?"

"Do you think they could put a TV in here or something? I'm starting to lose my mind, there's nothing to do. The only time I get entertainment is when Xavier comes and brings me one of his books." Emily said laying on her back starring at the ceiling, I couldn't help but chuckle.

"We could always ask Xavier for a TV, do you want me to text him?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No not right now." She turned her head to look at me. "Come here."

The words came out softly, and I couldn't resist. I walked over to her, sitting next to her on the bed and blocking her view of the ceiling. She starred into me with those piercing green eyes, I felt as if I could melt right then and there.

"You called?" I smirked, she rolled her eyes with a smile and grabbed onto my shirt, pulling me towards her. I moved to lay down next to her, she wrapped her arms around my shoulders as I wrapped mine around her waist.

Our eyes met again and Emily gave me a small smile. She leaned in closer, brushing her lips against mine. I closed my eyes and embellished in her touch, I loved these moments with her.

I moved to kiss her deeply, holding her tightly around her slim waist. Emily ran her fingers softly through my hair as our tongues danced together. The feeling of her wrapped in my arms was paradise and her taste was heavenly.

I was more on top of her but I made sure my body weight wasn't crushing her. However, Emily surprised me by moving so that she was completely on top of me, straddling my waist and never breaking the kiss. I didn't complain, instead I ran my hands up and down her back.

I felt her fangs touch my bottom lip, pricking it enough to draw blood. Her kiss became rough, I could sense the desire inside of her. My own fangs slid from my gums, my fingertips digging into her back. She moaned softly and gripped my shirt with both her hands.

Emily released from the kiss first, looking down at me, breathing heavily. Her eyes were a glowing dark red, her mouth was slightly open so I could see the tips of her porcelain white fangs. She looked so sexy and seductive, I desperately wanted her to kiss me again. She smiled at me, her hands on my chest that suddenly felt tight. This girl could bring me to my knees.

She leaned down again, kissing me slowly now, our lips in sync. She released again though, kissing my cheek and then my jaw, then she moved to my neck. I groaned as I felt her tongue trace the veins running up and down my throat.

Emily moved closer, burying her face into my shoulder, kissing and lightly nibbling my skin. Her fangs lightly pressed against my neck before I felt a sharp pain, followed closely by heat and utter euphoria. I echoed her moan, her legs tightened as she held herself closely to me.

I couldn't help myself as I moved her hair away from her shoulder, exposing her pale neck, along with the blue and purple veins that lined it. I moved her shirt to kiss the skin on her shoulder, then slowly I moved closer to her neck. Emily moaned again, as if egging me on. I gladly accepted, kissing her pale skin a few more times before burying my own fangs into her flesh.

I felt Emily dig her nails into my chest and I heard her growl with pleasure. Her blood tasted just like I remembered, sweet like dark chocolate and honey but powerful like roaring waves in the ocean during a storm. Nothing would ever be better than this, not even human blood. Nothing could truly compare to her blood.

I released her first, she was still weak and I didn't want to take to much. She soon followed me, her fangs sliding from my neck slowly. Emily pulled back slightly to look at me, her eyes a luminous red. She smiled and kissed me again before laying her head on my chest.

I ran my fingers through her hair as she made traces across my chest with her fingertips. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I love you." I said it softly, without even thinking. I wanted to curse at myself for saying that out of the blue but to my surprise, she didn't even hesitate to respond.

"I love you too."