Chapter 39

Emily

I charged at Alister, moving with speed unseen by the naked eye.

He tried to dodge but his efforts were in vain.

I hit him full force, not only with my body, but with the power of a tsunami behind me.

He fell to the ground, never taking his shocked eyes off me. He was terrified, I could almost see him trembling. I didn't know why I looked so scary to him.

"Electus, please, I didn't realize-" I moved my hand, making the water move with me and sliced across Alister's chest before he could finish his sentence.

He cried out in pain, his deep wound began to seep blood at a fast pace.

"You killed him! You killed Xavier!" I screamed in anger, my body felt so hot I thought I was going to burst.

"No please I was just following orders!" He begged. Taking all the anger and fury inside me and channeling it into the water I controlled, I moved my hand again and sliced his neck this time.

Alister didn't scream, nothing came out except a few struggling gasps of air until his head fell back and his body followed a few seconds later.

I stood over him, starring down as his heart slowed and took its last beat.

I breathed heavily, my eyes burned for some reason and my body was beginning to feel heavy.

The fire inside of veins was dying, leaving me with nothin but the coolness of my element.

A noise over my shoulder made me jolt. Xavier made a soft groaning sound and my heart skip a few beats.

I rushed over to him, he looked even worse up close.

There was a hole in his chest from Alister's sword. His face was bruised and bloody, making him look like someone else.

"Xavier? Can you hear me?" I said, trying to move him from the river.

Xavier gasped in pain and tried to hold his chest.

"Hey, it's okay, it's over, I'm here." I new I sounded less than calm. I could hear his heart and it wasn't beating right.

I knew the blade hadn't hit it, the wound was too far to the right, but it had gone through his rib cage and lung and I worried it had nicked an artery or two.

The only thing I could think of to do was give him my blood. I didn't know if it would help much but maybe it would keep him alive until help arrived.

As I raised my arm to my lips though, his heart stopped.

My eyes widened as I waited for it to beat again, hoping I had just missed it.

"No." I sobbed as tears began to form in my eyes. I held Xavier in my arms closely, frantically trying to think of what I could do.

I bit into my arm and tried to force my blood down his throat. I even tried to put my blood directly onto his wounds.

When nothing happened, I tried to do CPR, but with his wound it was almost impossible.

I sat in defeat, still holding onto my friend.

He's...... gone?

Tears flooded my eyes and my chest ached as if my heart was being ripped from body.

I looked down at Xavier again, doing my best to keep my steady stream of tears from hitting his body.

What I saw made my eyes widen and my tears subside.

I watched in shock as his wounds began to heal, his body mending itself back together. His blood soaked back into his body, his wounds disappeared.

Xavier gasped for breath and opened his eyes.

I started at him in disbelief, he was alive!

"Xavier!" I cried and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He hesitated for a moment before doing the same.

"I- I don't understand. I was..." He trailed off and moved back to looked at me.

"You died, I tried to bring you back, I gave you my blood." I said softly to him but his confused gaze still held.

"That's impossible, vampire blood can't bring someone back from the dead." He said as his hand moved around his chest, trying to feel for the wound that had been there moments before.

"I know but I'm not exactly just a vampire Xavier, maybe that's why it worked." I grabbed his hand that was on his chest. "I don't care how, I'm just happy you're okay."

Tears threatened to fall again, Xavier squeezed my hand. We both sat staring at each other for a few moments, our eyes mirroring happiness and disbelief of what just happened.

"Believe me, I'm pretty happy too, but we should probably move now, I don't think either of us can fight if more show up." Xavier said and began to stand. I was going to help him but he was able to do it on his own, I was the one who needed help.

My knees wobbled and my head was beginning to hurt, I felt like crap.

"Where should we go?" I asked.

"Towards the coven, but away from the river, that's how they found us the first time." He grabbed onto my arm to help me steady myself.

Xavier continued to keep a hold of me as we walked. I could tell he was worried about me but I was way more concerned for him. They guy just rose from the dead and he seemed like he just took a quick power nap.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" I asked him, he shrugged.

"I feel fine, completely and utterly confused about how that could be but otherwise fine." Xavier slowed down a bit and looked at the ground.

"I shouldn't be alive, I died, I know I died. I felt myself leave my body, I felt my heart stop, but yet-" he looked at me with a small smile. "You brought me back, I don't know how, but you did, thank you Em."

I smiled too, overjoyed he was still here.

"I couldn't let you just leave me here, who else is going to finish Star Wars with me?" I said jokingly and he laughed.

"Maybe that's why I came back, I still have stuff to do." He said with a chuckle. "Seriously though, thank you for saving me Em."

I smiled and nodded. We continued to walk, Xavier still held onto me just to make sure I didn't fall.

I looked up at him, my smile never leaving my face. He was alive, everything is okay.