Chapter 8

Just a quick warning, it gets a little steamy towards the end of this chapter. So if you are not comfortable with some minor mature content you can go ahead and skip it.

Happy reading!

Malik

I stood before the master warrior, he sat behind his desk leaning in his chair. His dark eyes scanned me over, as if processing the information I had just given him.

"A water ability, how.... unique." He stated calmly. "What else did you observe Malik?" I answered without hesitation.

"Emily's ability is strong, however it takes a toll on her weak body, she only lasted a couple minutes using the element. I suspect that within a few months she will have much better control and will be a very powerful ally." Cyrus nodded slowly, leaning forward and resting his arms on the desk.

"The Electus grows stronger everyday, yet she still lacks control over her hunger and emotions. I fear her powers will be to much for her to handle."

"My liege, isn't that why she is here? Didn't you allow her and Lord Devon to stay in the coven so the Electus could learn control and not become the destruction of our kind?" The master warrior studied me again and I feared I spoke out of line. However he sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before responding.

"Yes, that is why she is here, and I hope we can make sure she does learn control and use her abilities for good rather than evil. Although I still have my worries."

Cyrus stood and walked towards the large window behind his desk. The tinted glass made the night look pitch black, sunrise was not for another few hours.

"Your mate has grown closer to the Electus, correct?" He asked without turning while starring out the window.

"Yes my liege, Xavier has grow quite fond of Emily, they speak to each other often." I replied.

"I'm glad, I know Xavier has been a bit bored without you, that's part of the reason I asked him to be a sort of watchdog for me." Master Cyrus turned to face me, his expression less harsh now. "Go home now Malik, enjoy the rest of your night, but be here by sunset, I have a mission for you."

I bowed respectfully before leaving, happy to get to go home and relax with my mate. I walked down the flights of stairs to the second floor until I was at apartment 213.

As I stepped through the threshold, I smiled, seeing Xavier curled up on the couch with his nose in a book. I knew he had been waiting for me to return home. He greeted me with a smile and closed his book.

"I didn't know if Master Cyrus would let you come home tonight or not." My love said softly, I took off my shoes and shrugged.

"He says he wants me for a mission tomorrow, I have no idea what it is yet but he allowed me to come home for the time being." I walked over to Xavier and sat next to him on the couch. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and I lifted my arm around his shoulders and back.

He lifted his head to meet my gaze, his dark green eyes held a slight twinkle in them that made my stomach feel strange. He grinned at me and moved to meet my lips. My mate kissed me slowly, with love and passion. His lips as soft as fallen rose petals and his touch was like warm rays of morning sunshine.

Xavier leaned back, breaking our short kiss and granting me another smile.

"So what do you wanna do tonight? We can make some dinner and then watch a movie?" I leaned in close to him again, a smirk rose on my lips.

"I think I'd rather just keep kissing you love." I whispered teasingly, he blushed slightly and giggled.

"Well you can do that too, but I want to try out that recipe I found. I got all the ingredients a couple days ago." He said and gave me a small peck on the cheek. "And I know you haven't had any food in like three months."