Chapter 11

Emily

Devon came back after only an hour or so. Xavier explained what had happened, Devon didn't seem very upset surprisingly. He walked over to me sitting on the bed, I didn't meet his gaze at first but when he leaned down and kissed my forehead I knew he had already forgiven me.

"Xavier, thank you for taking care of Emily, Cyrus asked me to tell you to go meet with him now." Devon said turning towards the smaller vampire.

"No need to thank me, really, I'll see you guys later." He said with a goofy grin and walked out the door, leaving Devon and I alone.

"How are you feeling?" Devon asked sitting next to me and putting his around around me.

"I'm not sure to be honest." I said looking down. I still felt bad about what I did to Xavier, even though he wasn't upset with me.

"Well I have some good news for you, we're getting out of this room for the day." Devon said with a smile and I couldn't help the excited feeling in my stomach.

"Really?! Where are we going?"

"To the arena here in the coven, it's on the other side of the building." He replied, I gave him a look.

"Why are we going to an arena?" I asked. He leaned in, planting a small kiss on my lips. I savored it for a few seconds before he leaned back with a smile.

"You'll see."

                     **********

Devon

I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for this. Emily and I walked hand in hand through the lobby of the coven, there weren't many warriors in here tonight.

We crossed the large room to two large iron doors that almost blended in with the walls. I opened one and Emily stepped in but stopped.

"Woah" she muttered, I chuckled and stepped into the room as well. The arena was massive, both in height and length. It was about four floors tall with dark tinted windows lining the sides. The ground was covered in thick layers of concrete, but I could see some cracks in it.

The arena was where warriors trained and battled, it was also a place the master warrior would call everyone too if he needed to address the entire coven. On the left side of the massive room was a stage, a tall woman and Cyrus stood in front of it speaking to each other softly, but turned as we entered the room.

"Ah Devon, Emily, good evening." Cyrus said as we walked towards the stage. I studied the woman for a few seconds as we approached. She wasn't human and looked very athletic. Her hair was cut short and buzzed on each side. At first glance she looked mean and hateful but she smiled brightly at Emily and I.

"This is Lyra she's going to be a sort of teacher for you Emily." Cyrus gestured to the woman. The warrior waved and said a quite hello. 

"Teacher? What am I going to be learning?" Emily questioned.

"Lyra will be teaching you defense, you need to learn how to protect yourself love, after that we will teach you some fighting styles and I will try and help you better your water ability." I answered, she looked at me with curiosity filling in her bright green eyes. At first Emily seemed as though she was worried, but a smile crept up on her lips.

"That actually sounds a little fun." She mumbled more to herself than to anyone in the room. Emily turned and faced towards Lyra.

"Alright Lyra, can we start now?" Emily asked with a grin, the female warrior return the gesture and nodded. She stepped away from the stage and Emily followed. I stayed behind with Cyrus, eager to see what the warrior had planned for my Em.

"For starters, I want to see how fast you can run. I realize you're only about a month old but you should still be able to run decently fast." Lyra said, moving to stand next to Emily. She pointed at the end of the large room to the stone wall, opposite of the doors.

"You're going to run, touch the wall, and come back. Try and do it in ten seconds or less." She explained, Emily looked at her weirdly.

"Ten seconds? That's crazy." She replied and I had to hold back my amusement. Emily had not yet tapped into any of her physical ability's. Any vampire could easily run that in less than ten seconds.

The size of the room was about a hundred and twenty yards, so about the size of a football field. I could most certainly run from one wall to the other in ten seconds.

"It's simpler than it looks, just try your best." Lyra encouraged Emily. She somewhat half shrugged and took a running stance. I watched as she took a deep, concentrating breath, before bolting.

Emily was impressively fast, even I had a little trouble watching her. I could tell even Cyrus was a bit taken aback by her speed.

It took Emily seven seconds to run to the wall and back. She stood proudly in front of Lyra, a little giddy in fact.

"Did you see that!?" Emily said excitedly, the warrior chuckled.

"Not really, but good job." Lyra responded. Emily glanced my way and gave me a big bright smile. I winked and smiled back, she seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Lyra tested Emily's strength, agility and flexibility, and she was flawless in everything. I guessed this was part of her being the Electus, she excelled in every test Lyra challenged her with. Many full grown vampires often times only had one physical ability they favored and did the best. However, Emily proved she could do all of them easily.

"Devon." Cyrus said from beside me. "I want you to go out there and test Emily's water ability."

"Why? I thought we weren't going to do that until after she learns to fight." I questioned.

"Emily isn't learning much today, we are just seeing the extent of her ability's, you're the only one here who can give her a few tips on what to do, plus I have never seen her use the element." Cyrus replied. I nodded, there was no harm in just seeing what Emily could do, maybe she had grown a bit from last time.

"Lyra, Lord Devon will take over from here." Cyrus called out the the warrior, she turned and gave me a quick bow as I walked toward them before moving to stand beside her master.

Emily smiled at me, she looked vibrant and powerful. Her cheeks were a little flushed and her eyes were a deep dark red.

"So, what are you going to test me on teacher?" She said with a giggle, and I couldn't help but smirk.