Chapter 30

Emily

The sky was a beautiful midnight blue, stars stretched across it like diamonds and the crescent moon shined bright.

The chilled air was comforting from the summers heat. However the world around me was silent, uncomfortably silent.

No animals scurried across the forest floor, no crickets chirped, even the trees seemed silent.

Then, chaos erupted.

I watched in horror as vampires fought in front of me. Weapons drawn, fangs out and eyes blazing red. They slaughtered each other in horrendous ways, but my body wouldn't let me look away.

I saw Devon towards my left fighting off five warriors with his powerful fire. He burned all of them to ashes, his face filled with anger. He looked scary as he snarled at the warriors charging toward him, weapons raised.

What was going on?

The scene changed suddenly, I looked down and saw I was knee deep in a river. Blood covered my body, staining my ripped clothes. I started trembling, starring at my bloody hands.

I heard a noise to my right, I turned to see three dead vampires laying on the ground close to the water, two of which were impaled with ice through their heads. They all looked mangled, their blood seeping into the ground.

I continued to turn, trying to see where the noise came from. My body continued to tremble uncontrollably as I moved. 

Another figure laid half on the ground, half in the water.

My knees became weak as I realized who laid there, his body beaten and bloody. I screamed in fear and agony-

I woke up, realizing I wasn't just screaming in my dream.

My head was killing me and there was a strange wetness falling from my eyes that was causing my vision to be a bit blurry.

"Are you okay? What happened??" Devon asked from beside me, I hadn't even realized he was there until he spoke.

I turned to look at him, fear creeping up on me as I remembered my dream.

"There's going to be a war." I whispered.

Devon looked surprised, he starred at me in confusion.

"How did you know that?" He asked, now I was confused.

"You already knew? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, the pounding pain in my head starting to go down.

"I just found out from Ruby love, did you have a vision?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess, I thought I was done with these dream visions. This one though, this one was by far the worst I've ever had." I held myself tightly and shut my eyes. I remembered everything, every vivid detail.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Devon said softly, I shook my head.

"No, I just want to relax." I said while opening my eyes.

"Maybe a shower? You have blood on your face." My eyes widened, I jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror surprised, mostly dried blood streaks ran down both of my cheeks. My eyes were a bright red and the white behind them looked pinkish.

"Wha-? This never happened before?" I said mostly to myself, Devon stepped into the bathroom behind me.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, my back pressing against his chest.