Chapter 46

Emily

The next week went by in a blur.

Camilla and her warriors left two nights after the funeral.

After that, everything slowly went back to normal, minus a few details.

Malik was the master warrior, so now he and Xavier lived on the top floor of the coven.

The number of warriors inside the coven had shrunk, but the life and warmth in it did not. Men and women still laughed and enjoyed themselves, as if the war had never happened.

Devon and I had packed what little we had, it was finally time for us to leave.

We were going to his home, I didn't think I was ready to see my family just yet and Devon understood that. I just needed more time to figure myself out before I could face them again.

I was excited to go back though, I wanted to see Madi again and Sarah. It would be nice to have some girls back in my life.

We would leave tomorrow night, so this was the last time I'd see Xavier and Malik for awhile.

My chest felt tight as I thought about leaving. I had been here for months, it honestly felt like a second home. I would miss my friends here, but I knew I couldn't stay forever.

Devon lead me upstairs to the top floor. He had made me wear a summer dress since this was going away party. I normally didn't like dresses, but this one was the exception. It was black with pink flowers that flowed nicely down my waist to my ankles. Devon was dressed in dark jeans and a black button down that hugged his chest perfectly, and I had to restrain myself from ogling him every ten seconds.

When we entered the doors at the end of the hall, I smiled wide.

Malik and Xavier stood in front of the desk, behind them was a sign that said "we'll miss you!"

Katie and Elijah were also in the room along with Lyra and a few others I think Devon knew more than I did.

Xavier rushed over to me, practically tackling me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders in a big hug.

"Ohmygoodness I'm going to miss you so much." He said a little to loudly in my ear. I smiled and hugged him tight.

"I'm gonna miss you too." Tears were beginning to form, but I held them back. I told myself before I wouldn't cry.

Xavier let me go and smiled brightly at me. It was then I noticed he was in black dress slacks and a white button down. I hardly ever see him in anything besides jeans and a t-shirt, plus the shirt usually had something like Star Wars or Marvel on it.

Malik walked over to us and grabbed Devon's hand in a very brotherly way, I smiled at the exchange between them while also noticing he was very similarly dressed as his mate.

The party went on, I chatted with everyone, saying my goodbyes and restraining myself from ugly crying.

As time went on, and dawn started to approach, people left.

Katie gave me a fierce hug before leaving, telling me to text her whenever I was in town.

Lyra hugged me as well, telling me to continue working on my fighting and defensive skills.

Soon the only people left were me, Devon, Xavier and Malik.

We sat on the couches and talked way past sunrise. We laughed and drank, enjoying our last night together as friends.

They would see us off in the evening and say their final goodbyes.

It was almost eight in the morning and I was having trouble keeping myself awake, so we said our goodnights. Xavier once again wrapped me in a tight hug, and surprisingly so did Malik.

After taking the elevator we soon returned to our room.

This was the last time we would sleep in here. Sadness crept up on me again, making my chest hurt.

Devon wrapped his arms around me, whispering softly in my ear to calm me as I drifted off to sleep.

**********

We awoke shortly after sunset and gathered our bags.

Xavier and Malik were waiting for us downstairs and helped us with our things to Devon's car.

We did our last goodbyes, this time I let a few tears fall down my cheeks.

"Promise me you'll visit?" Xavier said in a small voice with his arms wrapped around me in a hug.

"You know I will." I whisper and kissed his cheek. He let go with a sad smile.

"You both are always welcome here, no matter what." Malik said after a quick embrace with Devon and I.

"And if you ever get the chance, you are welcome to visit us in our home." Devon responded, I couldn't help but notice he said 'our' home. It made me feel warm and a smile crept through my tears.

Soon we were on the road. I looked behind us, watching Xavier wave. I watched until I could no longer see the coven, and then turned back forward in my seat.

Devon rested his hand on my thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. I nodded.

"Never better."

He smiled at me taking my hand in his before turning his attention back towards the road.

"I love you." He said bringing my hand up so he could kiss my knuckles.

"I love you too." I responded with a soft grin.

I looked out the window, watching the trees pass by.

It had only taken five months for my entire life to change. If someone had told me this is where I'd be, I would have said they were insane.

It had been hard, it was still going to be difficult, but I had friends and loved ones to count on.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing.

**********

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading!

This is the last chapter!! HOWEVER, I will post an epilogue here soon!!!

Now, I was wondering, maybe I should continue the story a bit? Maybe make a second part of the series just in the near future? I just feel like this wasn't enough, that I could do a lot more. If you like that idea, let me know! If you don't, I have other ideas for a completely new series so give me your opinion! I'd love to hear from my readers!

Thanks again for reading!! I hope you enjoyed the Electus trilogy, stick around for more updates and new reads.

Please rate/comment/follow!!!