Epilouge

2 months later

Emily

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time.

I wore black skinny jeans with a light gray oversized knitted sweater that slightly hung off my left shoulder. My dark auburn hair laid down my back in loose curls.

Sarah smiled wildly at me, her chocolate eyes sparkled.

"You're so pretty!" She exclaimed. Her natural curly hair bounced slightly and I smiled.

"So are you." She wore jeans with a white top and a red cardigan. The second Devon and I had returned home, I told all the maids and butlers they didn't have to wear uniforms.

I also told them not to call me or Devon 'lady and lord.' I wanted everyone to feel welcomed and at home here. They were now paid to work here and were allowed to come and go as they pleased, but no one ever really left.

Sarah has told me many times that this was her home, and the people inside were her family. The others agreed, and now that Devon and I were in charge, we were going to make sure it would always be a welcoming and warm home for all of them.

"Let's go! Devon is waiting for us down stairs." Sarah said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bedroom Devon and I shared.

Today was October eighth, aka, my birthday, or rather it would be in about three hours at midnight. Devon said he was going to surprise me, but no matter how much I asked and pestered him, he never gave a hint about what he was going to do.

As we turned the corner and headed down the white marble stairs, I noticed the decorations hung around the large ballroom.

Balloons of various shapes and colors were tied down or floated up to the high ceiling. A huge sign hung from the rail that overlooked the room said 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY' in big bold letters. Tables and chairs had been set out, along with trays of finger foods.

My eyes eventually found Devon. I sighed happily as he made his way to me and kissed the top of my head.

"Happy birthday my love." He whispered, holding out a small, square shaped box.

I grabbed it from his hands, inspecting it. I opened it slowly, and gasped loudly at the necklace inside.

It was gorgeous, the charm was a silver heart, but on the inside hung a rose tourmaline, my birthstone.

I had lost the previous necklace Devon had given me when I fought Alister. I had always warn it, never taking it off. The thought made me cringe slightly, but I quickly recovered as Devon put the necklace on me.

I turned to face him again and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I breathed, he smiled and bent to kiss me, long and lovingly.

We were interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

I raised a brow, but he smirked and said nothing as Sarah went to open the door.

My heart lit up and a huge smile washed over my face as I saw my sister, mother and father step over the threshold into the house.

"Holy shit this place is huge." Emma muttered before making eye contact with me. "Emi!!!" She yelled before charging at lightning fast speed, nearly knocking me over when her arms wrapped around my body.

I cried out in surprise and joy, holding my little sister tightly.

My mother rushed over to me too, holding both of us in her arms.