Chapter 7

I'm sorry for not publishing in forever! I've been super busy with nursing school and I never have the time to write new chapters, but I swear I haven't forgotten and I will try to keep up with with writing new chapters for you guys!

Thank you so much for reading, please rate/comment/follow

Enjoy!!!

Emily

It had been almost a week since the meeting with Cyrus. Xavier had thankfully put a TV in my room with Netflix and Hulu but I was anxious to get out and move around.

After Devon spoke with the master warrior, he allowed us to go outside for a bit and explore the woods surrounding the coven. Of course Xavier had to come as an escort but he brought Malik along so it was kind of like a double date.

As the four of us rode down the elevator I could barely keep my excitement contained. I had been stuck inside the coven walls for almost two weeks and I was dying to get some fresh air. The room Devon and I stayed in had one big window that was heavily tinted but it didn't open, I'm guessing it's because Cyrus didn't want us jumping from it.

The elevator dinged when we reached the first floor. As the doors opened I quickly jumped out, wanting to get outside as fast as possible. As I walked, I felt many eyes on me, but I kept my head up and pretended not to notice as I marched my way to the front doors.

As I stepped outside, cool midnight air enveloped me, making the hairs on my arms raise in excitement. The scent of oak trees and green grass filled my nostrils. My eyes immediately adjusted to the sudden light change and even in the dark I could see everything as if it were the middle of the day. The crescent moon above shined brightly, and stars twinkled like diamonds. In the distance I heard nocturnal animals scurrying on the forest floor and a river slowly carry water down stream.

I smiled brightly at the dark world around me, never in my life had I found the night so breath taking.

"What do you think?" Devon asked from beside me. I looked at him happily with a wide grin on my face.

"It's beautiful" I breathed in the air again, the coolness of it relaxing me. "Is this what it's like for you guys everyday?" I asked my small group.

"Well we're all kind of use to it but yeah I guess it is." Xavier responded with a smile. I didn't think I could ever get use to this. My new heightened senses made the world around me seem more alive and vibrant.

From the front doors we walked a bit, never to far away from the building however. Devon held my hand as I continued to admire the beauty of the night closely, taking in very sight, smell and noise from the forest surrounding me.

As we got closer to the river my joy grew, the sounds of flowing water filled my ears like a symphony. It was as if I could hear every drop of water move quickly down the river.

When we got to the side I couldn't help but stick my hand in the water. I wanted to know what it felt like against my bare skin. It was warmer than I had expected, but the feeling of it moving around my hand was like magic.

I knew I probably looked like a child to the three adults vampires surrounding me, but I didn't care. I wanted to enjoy everything mother nature had to offer me. There was a weird since of power coming from the waters around me. I didn't know what it meant but it felt amazing and incredibly strong.

"Isn't it cold?" Malik asked from behind me, I looked over my shoulder. The trio were all standing there and watching as I crouched next to the river with my hand in the flowing water.

"No, why you wanna take a swim?" I said jokingly and he chuckled. I focused back on the water, it suddenly did feel a lot cooler. It was then that I noticed ice was beginning to form around my hand and slowly spread. The flowing water stopped and froze in its place all around my hand. Devon quickly pulled me back before my wrist started to freeze underneath the ice.

"Well that's interesting." Malik mumbled to himself while Xavier just had a look of surprise on his face. I was to busy starring at my hand and so was Devon.

"Did you do that on purpose?" He asked from beside me, I shook my head.

"No, it just sorta, happened." I looked at him and he grabbed my hand in his.

"Your hand isn't even cold even though it was just in ice." Devon said softly and helped me to stand. "Em I think you might have a water ability like your dad."

My eyes widened, a water ability? Elemental abilities were rare, or so I was told by Devon. They were only ever seen in royal and high ranking nobility blood.

"I can't believe it." I almost whispered the words and couldn't help the small smile that danced on my lips.

"I hate to ruin the moment, but we're going to have to tell master Cyrus about this." Malik said in a very serious tone, Xavier elbowed him in the stomach lightly.

"Let her enjoy the moment a little longer." Xavier mumbled to his mate with a glare, Malik rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Alright fine." He said and turned to me. "So? Go ahead and try out your new party trick" I grinned and nodded at Malik, turning back to the water. Some of it had thawed but I could still see the ice that had surrounded my hand.

"What do I do?" I asked Devon, I thought since he had a fire ability he might know something to help me but he shrugged.

"It's a little different for everyone, for me I just visualize my element, I think about what I want it to do." He put out his hand in front of me, from his palm came a small flame. His eyes turned a dark red and slowly grew brighter as he made the flame grow bigger before completely putting it out without even moving.

"So it's all in the mind?" I asked and he nodded.

"For me yes, but you can try it like that, see if it works for you." Devon smiled, his eyes almost glowing in the dark, I nodded again and focused on the river in front of me.

I stood up straight and closed my eyes, concentrating on the water. I tried to imagine it moving, twirling in the air, droplets raising from the river. I felt a rush of power flow through me, it was as if the water from the river was now flowing through my veins at rapid speed.

I opened my eyes and watched in amazement as small moonlit streams of water rose from the river and moved to swirl into the air. I imagined them moving towards me, dancing around my body. The waters obeyed my silent requested and flowed to me, surrounding the space around my waist in a circle. The water moved in waves, dancing beautifully the way I had imagined it to.

As I watched the dancing stream around me in astonishment, my vision became blurred and I felt dizzy. The water that surrounded me quickly fell to the ground and I would have to if Devon hadn't caught me.

"Alright, that's enough excitement for one night." He said as he lifted me in his arms. I blinked a few times, confused on why I almost passed out.

"What happened?" I asked a bit weakly and I heard Malik chuckled.

"You over exerted yourself kid, you're still a new born, you have to build up strength and stamina to do fun stuff like that." I tried to glare at him but couldn't find the strength to.

"He's right, but you'll get there, it just takes time and practice." Devon said softly to me and I smiled at him. I rested my head on his chest as he carried me in his arms back to the warrior coven.