Chapter 33

Cyrus

I rolled my eyes as I read the letter sent from the western coven.

It was a deceleration of war, how formal!

I gritted my teeth, they would be here in five days. We only had five more days to prepare.

I rubbed my eyes, being linked to Malik had helped me with my strength but my body was still slowly dying.

When I closed my eyes, I could feel him as if he was right next to me. It was strange, I could even tell where he was within the coven, but I knew he didn't have any side effects to the link like I did.

The last master of the coven had linked me to her in her last few days. The only thing I ever felt through the link was when she died.

It was like a switch, not turning off but rather turning on. Power had flown through me like an electric wave that shocked my core. That was the moment I knew she had died, and I had become the new master warrior of the eastern coven.

A knock on the door made me snap my head up, Elijah strode in and bowed.

"My liege, Master Camilla and her warriors are arriving now." He said standing straight.

I shot up from my seat and walked towards him.

"Good, let's go and greet our sister coven."

I walked swiftly down the flights of stairs, not bothering to take the elevator, Elijah had a little trouble keeping up with me.

I walked out the front doors of my coven, the summer night air rushed around me. The slight breeze brushed against my face and through my hair.

I was met with a beautiful smile that brighten the dark night. Camilla walked up the sidewalk towards me, some warriors following behind her. I noticed a charter bus in the small parking lot behind her, other warriors were exiting the bus and gathering their things.

"Welcome back to my home, Camilla." I said as she practically glided up to me, her golden curls bouncing with every step. She was in jeans, which caught me off guard, Camilla was more into sundresses and long skirts.

It didn't matter to me of course, she was as beautiful as ever.

Camilla extended her hand to me, I grabbed it and kissed her knuckles.

"It is an honor to be back." She said sweetly. It was then I noticed all the people around us had stopped what they were doing, waiting for something to happen.

I offered my arm to Camilla, she hooked hers through it and stood by my side.

"Warriors, please welcome our sister coven with open arms. Elijah, grab Ruby and show them to the guest wing, make sure they are taken care of, Master Camilla and I need to begin planning."

I made a swift retreat back into the coven, taking Camilla with me, not allowing anyone to ask questions or stop us.

We quickly entered the elevator and the second the doors shut, our lips met.

It was strange, but she brought out something in me I hadn't felt since I was young.

She leaned away first, her sea green eyes sparkling.

"So, where will I be staying? In the guest wing as well?" I smirked.

"Of course not my love, you will be staying in my private wing." The elevator dinged, signaling we had reached the top floor.

I lead the way down the hall, it had been a long time since Camilla was last here, however little had changed.

We walked into my office, I offered her some wine and she sat down in one of the leather chairs in front of my desk.

"We should discuss what's going to happen in the next few days." Her voice was serious now, I nodded, leaning against the desk and facing her. "What is your plan? What will you do with the electus?" Camilla tilted her head, curious about what will happen in the days to come.

"Hide her, one of my other warriors will be with her, and they will be by the river so if Bellona finds her, she can better protect herself." I took a sip of my drink before continuing.

"Bellona will think Emily is near Devon so he can protect her. However, Devon will be far from her, we will place him somewhere away from the main action but close enough to where he is still able to fight if needed."

"Interesting, what about everyone else though?" She said with a raised brow.

"Simple, they will be scattered in all directions of the coven, large groups of fighters surrounding the coven, minus our best archers, they will be in the trees, scouting out the enemies and firing when needed." I scratched my cheek, while she thought it over.

"Another thing, no one will know where the electus is except me and one of my best archers, Shaelyn. I'm placing her slightly further back to where she will be able to see if anyone starts to head towards Emily. If she can't shoot them down, she'll alert me."

"It's not a bad plan, using the trees to your advantage is well thought, but why will only you and this Shaelyn know where the electus is? Wouldn't it be better if everyone knew so we could all protect her?" Camilla said tilting her head slightly.

"No, the less people know of her whereabouts, the better. If Bellona decides to grab someone and make them tell her, they won't know." I knew my expression had turned a bit dark by the look on Camilla's face, however she nodded in agreement.

"I told the doves here that any of them are welcome to leave before the fight, I didn't want them to feel trapped inside the walls while war waged outside their windows."

"How many left?" She asked, and I grinned.

"None, not a single one, they all wanted to stay and help." I couldn't help but feel almost proud.

My previous master warrior had taught me that fear causes hate, but kindness causes trust. I have always been kind to the doves in my coven, letting them come and go as they please, have anything the can fit into their homes, live peacefully and happily. I always let them leave if they wanted to, I have never forced any dove, or warrior for that matter, to stay in the coven. I never saw them as food or pests, rather as equals.

Camilla nodded with a smile, she was like me in that sense. Thane and Bellona treated doves as slaves and cattle, the old ways of thinking.

"I hope Malik is like you when he becomes a master." Camilla said looking up at me, my grin grew and I chuckled.

"He will be much better than me, I can tell you that." Her smile was warm and her eyes shined as if she might cry.

"That might be, but there will never be another master like you, my love."