Chapter 26

Cyrus

Today was the day, the big meeting we were all here for.

My mood would have been a bit worse if I hadn't spent the previous day with Camilla, not that I wasn't excited to be stuck in a room arguing with the other two masters.

I grinned thinking about yesterday, sneaking around with Camilla reminded me of our younger days.

Thane walked a few steps in front of me, apparently knowing where we were going. I had no idea how these maze like hallways lead anywhere. He made some small talk but for the most part he was his normal, silent brutish self.

I didn't allow Malik to accompany me, even with Bellonas blessing. Originally I had wanted him to listen in, but after some careful thought, I decided not to. I had a feeling this meeting would turn sour quickly, so I didn't want him to be here to witness that.

We came to a double wooden door and entered.

Inside was dimly lit, the only light coming from the fire place. Bellona sat at the head in front of the fireplace, looking almost annoyed but hiding it with a small smile. The room was made up of stone of course. However, there were no animal pelts or weapons on the walls, it was completely blank. I sat at the other end across from her, just as the east is across from the west. The chairs were made of old heavy wood, but had dark red cushions. Thane sat in his spot to her left.

Camilla arrived a few moments later, quickly taking her spot to Bellonas right.

"Good, the meeting can begin." Bellona said leaning forward and resting her elbows on the dark oak table. Her pale blonde hair was up in a high ponytail that laid down her left side. "I have called a state of a emergency because as all of you know, the electus has awoken." She glared at me for a moment, her eyes dark. "And Cyrus is the one harboring her."

Camilla nodded, Thane grunted, I shrugged.

"She is not a danger to anyone, she's just a girl, a scared and confused girl." I said leaning back in my chair.

"How long has she been turned?" Thane asked, his deep voice vibrating from his chest.

"Going on three months here soon, Emily is her name by the way. She has been under the care and supervision of Lord Devon Hillington the entire time, he also resides in my coven at the moment."

"Has she shown any signs of being a threat?" Camila asked, I shook my head.

"No, she is powerful compared to a normal newborn, however I don't see her as a threat in the slightest." I knew that was a lie, I did see her as a threat, just not a threat to me.

"We cannot let her reach maturity, we must take action now and dispose of the electus while she is weak." Bellona said bluntly, crossing her legs and arms.

"I agree, the electus will become to powerful and could destroy us, we must eliminate her." Thane said, I wasn't even the slightest bit surprised he sided with Bellona.

"I disagree, you're both forgetting the other half of the legend. The electus could be the end of our species, or a bridge between humans vampires alike. If she is given proper care and upbringing, she could be a valued asset to our species." Camilla flicked her eyes towards me for a moment before turning them towards the others.

"Yes, she could be, that doesn't mean we should risk it." Bellona said irritated.

"I'm telling you, Emily isn't a threat, if you met her you would see that." I replied.

"What powers does she possess?" Thane asked, I was surprised he was curious about her.

"So far, the most noticeable ability I have seen is she can control the element water. Not only can she move it, she can also freeze and use it as a sort of weapon." I said thinking about the time Emily threw her ice at the concrete arena wall. "Lord Devon has been training closely with her so she can gain control of her ability."

"Maybe the reason Lord Devon is so close to her is because he is like his brother, he wants to use her powers and take control of our kind." Bellona spat out, I shook my head.

"I highly doubt that, Lord Devon killed his brother Aaron to protect Emily, he is in love with her. In fact, he never wanted her to be turned." I said firmly.

"We can not murder an innocent child based on a 'maybe' or a 'what if.' She is a vampire now, which means we cannot kill her unless she commits one of the unforgivable acts." Camilla said and turned to me.

"Cyrus, has Emily killed one of her own kind without reason or not in proper battle?" She asked.

"No, she has killed no one." I replied.

"Has she turned or attempted to turn a human child?"

"No, she had not." I replied again. Before Camilla could ask another one, Bellona slammed her hands on the table.

"This is ridiculous! She is a threat, a danger to our way of life and must be destroyed!" Her eyes were a dark red and she gave me a death stare.

"I have to agree with Bellona,
I'm sorry Cyrus but we can't afford to take that kind of risk, the electus must die." Thane said in a gruff voice, crossing his giant arms across his chest, he seemed to be the calmest of us all.

"Well I don't agree, which means it's two and two." Camilla stated.

"Cyrus, if you continue to harbor the electus, I will have no choice but to wage war against your coven. This is something that cannot be over looked. The electus is a danger to our kind, she must be eliminated at once." Bellona stood, keeping her hands on the table. "If you do not hand her over, I will have no choice but to break the peace treaty between our covens."

She bared her fangs, showing me she meant business. I couldn't help the growl that escaped my lips.

"I will not kill her and I will not hand her over to you. She is an innocent child who never wanted to be apart of any of this, she is not the monster you believe." I said, my voice sounding harsh.

"I will stand with Cyrus and my coven will fight side by side with his if you decide to wage war." Camilla's eyes turned a deep red, Bellona growled angrily.

"Then I guess it's settled, this means war." Bellona said loudly, fangs bared and eyes fiery, she looked dangerous and powerful. "Leave my coven at once, both of you, the treaty is off, prepare yourselves for battle." Camilla and I stood from our chairs. She walked towards me, as if worried Bellona might reach out and attack her.

"Listen to yourself, you really want a war?!" I yelled, Bellona snarled at me, eyes bright red with anger.

"I will not allow that girl to live, I will sacrifice as many warriors as I need to make sure the electus is destroyed, now leave my coven!" Her voice boomed throughout the small stone room.

I shook my head in frustration.

"You will regret this Bellona, I promise."