Hanna

Detention doesn't really sound that fun, but at least it gets me out of having to go to dad's house this weekend. Mom was already at the school when I walked outside. She seemed happy, maybe she's found a job already. I get into the car, get buckled up, and we drive home. It turns out mom did find a job today, she got a secretary position at some large firm. She seems really excited about it. When we got to the house, I hurried up to my room so I could start on my homework. Mom knocks on my door.

"Hanna, can I come in? I need to talk to you."

"Sure mom. You know you don't have to ask to come into my room."

"I just thought you might want some privacy. Anyways, your dad called to talk to you a few times today. I think he's worried about you, you haven't talked to him since we moved out."

"I don't really want to talk to him. He didn't just betray you, he betrayed me. I trusted him, and I don't know if I can do that anymore."

"I know it's going to be hard, but you're going to have to accept what happened."

"Mom, I forgot to tell you that I have detention this weekend. I was tardy to my last class, and then I complained about my English teacher gave us homework on the first day of school."

"Hanna, I'm going to have to call your dad to tell him that you won't be going to his house this weekend then."

"Fine with me, I didn't want to go to his house anyway.

Mom didn't say much after that, then headed back downstairs. Mom called me down for dinner. She must have been pretty tired because she had pizza delivered to our house. I scarfed down three slices, pushing my limits of feeling full. I head upstairs to go finish the rest of my homework. The homework only takes a couple more hours, with no time to spare after I'm done. I go change into my pajamas and brush my teeth in my bathroom. As I head back to my room, I shout to mom telling her I'm going to bed now.