Hanna

Rose and dad just walked into our room. Dad looked at Victoria and I and spoke up.

"Hanna, Victoria, we need to talk to you about something."

I spoke up.

"Sure dad, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, Rose and I have been discussing how our life has been changing, and she brought something important to my attention. I have been lax in parenting you two, and I have been letting Rose take care of you. I want you to know that however Rose deals with your misbehavior, I support her completely. I don't feel comfortable disciplining you myself, so Rose is going to keep doing that, and I agree with anything that she chooses to do. I know that I can seem quite distant to you girls, but I just don't know any other way. I promise that I will work on it."

Rose spoke up.

"I know that this is a lot to take in, but I just have a few things that I want to say to you girls. Your dad and I are a team, and we work together. If he has a problem with one of you, he will probably send you to me for discipline. Your father and I have talked about parenting many times, and we both believe that if your behavior is bad enough, you will have severe consequences."

I spoke up.

"What do you mean by severe consequences?"

"If your behavior merits it, I will go as far as spanking you to get you to behave."

"You would do that to Victoria and I?"

"I have done it many times to Victoria, but I hope that I won't have to do it often on either of you."

"You can't be serious, you must be joking."

I looked at dad, then Rose, and finally looked at Victoria. When I looked at Victoria, she spoke up.

"Hanna, I'm afraid that mom is serious about what she is saying. I wish I could say I don't know what she's talking about, but I have been over her lap many times. I would not mess with mom."

"Well, how do we know what a serious punishment is?"

Rose spoke up.

"Anything that I see fit. If your dad and I had spoken earlier before tonight, you both would probably have been spanked for lying to me about your homework. I do not tolerate any kind of lying whatsoever. Just consider it a warning that if you do it again, you will be going over my lap for a long and hard spanking."

"Dad, you can't be serious about all of this. You must just be making this up."

"Hanna, we are telling you the truth. I know that that is not how your mother and I brought you up, but I wish we would have. I agree with everything that Rose has said."

"This is bull crap. You know what, whatever. I'm done with this, get out."

Dad spoke up.

"Hanna, watch yourself. I know that this is a lot to take in, so mom and I are going to leave and go to our room."

Rose spoke up.

"Good night girls, we love you!"