Hanna

Hanna

Victoria and I were up by six this morning so that we could get ready for church. We all left the house at seven-thirty because church was starting at eight. I don't know how they plan what gets taught every Sunday, but it was a guilt trip the whole time for Victoria and I. They were talking about how we shouldn't lie or disrespect our parents. Dad and mom kept looking at us both when they were talking about something that recently applied to us. The whole entire time was just so awkward. After church was over, mom and dad visited with friends for an hour. After they visited, we drove home. Mom had left a casserole in the oven before we left, so by the time we got home, it was ready to eat.

Our conversation at the dinner table was just as awkward as church this morning.

Mom spoke up, "What was you girl's favorite thing at church today?"

Victoria said, "I don't have one. The whole thing was just a drag. Maybe if it wasn't a guilt trip about my whole life, it would have been better."

"Maybe if you didn't live your life like that it wouldn't have felt like a guilt trip."

Victoria rolled her eyes at both mom and dad.

"Whatever. Screw you."

Victoria started walking up the stairs to our room.

Mom spoke up, "I'll be up to deal with your attitude soon. You better fix it fast."

"Church was good today, it was just awkward that everything that they said applied to me. I also wanted to tell you again that I am so sorry that I disobeyed you and dad. I never purposefully wanted to hurt you, but I did, and I'm really sorry."

"Obviously you and Victoria aren't on the same page with being obedient. Why don't you and your dad put on a movie? I need to go talk to Victoria, and then I'll come watch it with you."