Rose

"Hanna we need to have a talk. Now that your dad and I are married, I want you to be completely honest with me when we have talks, more honest than we've been to each other. I do want to be your friend, but I want to be your mom first."

"Okay."

"Did you and Victoria have a party here last night?"

"Yes."

"Was there alcohol at the party?"

"No."

"Hanna, I'm going to repeat the question again. Was there alcohol at the party?"

"No."

"Hanna, when we got home, there was empty bottles of alcohol in the house. Mind telling me how they got here if you didn't have any alcohol at the house?"

"If there was alcohol here, Victoria or I didn't bring it. We wanted our party to be clean, so someone must have snuck it in. You can test both of us, neither of us have had a single drop of alcohol."

"No, I believe you. Thank you for being honest. Why didn't you just ask us if you could have a party? We probably would have said yes."

"We were scared that you would have said no especially with how Victoria's grades have been."

"Hanna, I wrote a few things down yesterday before the wedding that I was planning on telling you today. I think there couldn't be a better time than now.

"Just for me?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'm ready."

"I wrote it as a letter, so I'm just going to read the letter to you. Dear Hanna, you do not know how proud I am of you. I am so glad that when I marry your dad, I'll be gaining another daughter along with a husband. I know that you have experienced a lot of heartbreak these past few weeks, but you have stayed strong. I want you to know that when you face more heartbreaks, remember that I will always be here to talk you through them. Although I don't condone misconduct, if you are in trouble, call me and I will come pick you up, and I won't talk about it until you are ready to. I want you to trust me, and I want to trust you. I hope that we will be able to share secrets, and not just yours, but I want to be able to share mine with you. As much as I want to be your friend, and I really do, I want to be your mom first. I know that this will take adjustment, but we'll get there. I want to help you make the right choices, and I want to help you every step of the way with your decisions. I hope that eventually you'll feel comfortable enough to call me mom, but I'm not going to force it on you. I love you Hanna! Love, mom."

"Look what you made me do. I'm bawling my eyes out. Thank you Rose, I love you so much. Thank you for taking care of me."

"Let's go clean up the mess you girls missed, then we can do other things."