Rose

We headed downstairs to go eat dinner together. I could hear Victoria and Ryan talking to each other.

"Victoria told me what happened today. I'm really disappointed that you lied Hanna, but I'm really glad you had Rose to help you with your homework. I'm glad to see that you two are getting along better though."

"It took a lot of guts for her to tell me the truth."

"Okay, I'm going to head to bed. I have work early in the morning. Have a good night Rose and Hanna."

"See Hanna, I got this all under control. Just do what you're supposed to, and there'll be nothing to worry about. I forgot to tell you that I got your cheer uniforms and clothes for you this morning. I hung it up in your closet."

"I've never done cheer, I don't think I'll even make the team."

"I'm sure you're going to be a fantastic cheerleader, you'll definitely make the team. I'm not in charge of tryouts, but I forgot to tell you that I am the cheerleaders' advisor this year."

"Is there anything that you don't do? You're a teacher, a cheer advisor, a fiancé, and a mom."

"Hey, you left out detention advisor."

"Oh yeah, how could I have missed that one?"

Hanna and I ate dinner together quietly in the kitchen. I was too exhausted to say anything else, but I think I am slowly getting her to warm up to me.

"Well, you better hit the sack since you have tryouts before school."

"Sounds good. Goodnight Rose."

"Night kiddo."

I'm trying to be so patient with her, but I don't know how much more of her lying I can take. I need to find a way to bond with her. After I told Hanna to go to be, I went up to my room and fell asleep. When I woke up I took the girls to tryouts. Tryouts must have been over because Hanna just walked into my classroom.

"Hey Rose, what are you doing?"

"Just grading some assignments that were turned in late last week. How do you think tryouts went?"

"I think they went good. They said they'd have a list of the girls that made it posted by the end of school today."

"You have a really good chance of getting co-captain, you know?"

"I think I'll be lucky if I make the team. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She's clearly trying to suck up. Either she's actually feeling sorry or she's done something again already.

"I don't. You can study for your test that you have in my class today. Hopefully you haven't forgotten that we had one coming up today."

"Oh crap, I did forget. I'll just have to study now and during lunch."

"You better get to it then."

The school day went by fast as each of my classes were taking a test.

"Class, I hope you prepared for our test today. It's going to take the whole hour, and it's going to be counted as twenty-five percent of your final grade. Victoria and Hanna, will you pass out the test to everyone please?"

Hanna turned her test in before half of the class time was even over. Either she didn't know any of the information or she aced it. The rest of the class took all but ten minutes to take the test. When the bell rang, Victoria and Hanna ran out of the classroom together probably to go look at the tryouts list.