Hanna

"Honey, I'm so proud of your test score today. Rose must really be helping you out to change your grades so dramatically. I talked with your dad before you came downstairs, and he told me that Rose and he were punishing you for getting detention. I told him that I was fine with whatever they were doing. I don't want to make you have double punishments though, so I'm not going to be making you do anything extra over what they have decided."

"Thank you mom. I've definitely been in trouble with them for getting detention, but I only got in more trouble because Rose is my teacher."

"I'm sorry that I haven't really been here this past week as much as you would have liked, but I've just been so busy with work."

"It's okay, I understand. I know that you're not always going to be available to help me at the exact time I need it, so this has been good practice for me. Besides, it's been good to be able to get to adjust to having two more people in my life."

"My work schedule has kind of been changed around. I'm going to be working weeks now, and then I'll have weekends off. I've already talked to your dad about it, and you're going to be staying at his house during the week from now on. You'll get to be with me on weekends."

"I think that this will work better for me. Plus, with Rose pushing me to do homework during the week, my whole weekends would be free for us to do anything."

Mom had put a breakfast casserole in the oven for us to eat before she left to come to get me. There were only a few minutes left for it to go when we got home.

"Mom, I forgot to tell you that I made it on the cheer squad, and I'm going to be a co-captain this year with Victoria."

"Honey, that's great! I'm so proud of you, you've come so far just in the last week."

Dinner was delicious. I decided that I should go study for my classes now for any surprise pop quizzes that may come up. I had been studying for quite a while when mom had come into my room to come to talk to me. After seeing how mad Rose can get, I do not want to be on her bad side. It's not even about making it look like I'm doing what she wants me to do. It's about doing it because I don't ever want her to be mad at me like she was at Victoria, it kind of scared me.

"Since we're switching days, you will be staying with your Dad until Friday night."

"Okay."

"I'm exhausted, so I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight Hanna."

"Night mom."

It wasn't too long after that I decided to go to bed too. When I woke up, mom had already left for work. She left a note on the counter that said that Victoria and Rose were going to come to pick me up for school. I headed back upstairs to get ready for school. Victoria and Rose pulled up just as I was finishing my makeup. I grabbed all of my stuff and headed for the car.