Rose

Ryan just came into the house with Hanna.

"Hi Victoria, hi Ms. King."

"Please, call me Rose. I don't want to be your teacher at home too."

"This isn't my home anymore, it's just a house."

"Hanna, there's something that we need to talk about. Rose is going to be your stepmom soon, which means that whatever she tells you to do, you are supposed to do it. Rose and I aren't proud that you got detention, and we think you deserve more consequences than just the ones that the school gave you. I am letting Rose be in charge of your punishment.

"When I told you that you were lucky that I wasn't your mom, I seriously meant it. Until you have finished your Saturday detentions, you are grounded, or until further notice. This will teach you to never do this again. That means that you will come straight home after school and cheer tryouts. You will work on all your homework every night until it is finished. If your dad or I need something done, you will do it without any questions asked."

"I only stay here on weekends though. You're going to have to come up with something else. Guess you aren't very good with consequences."

"Actually, your mom is going to be working different hours, so she won't be home until later. You are going to be coming to our house every day now."

"This isn't fair. Rose isn't my mom, she doesn't have any control over me."

"Hanna, what did I just tell you?"

"Whatever she says, I do."

"Rose and I are getting married in only a few weeks, she is almost completely your mom."

"When were you going to tell me?"

"I meant to tell you Friday, when you were supposed to come over, but then plans changed because you slipped up on your first day of school. We can continue this conversation tonight when I get home from work."

Ryan slammed the door as he left the house.

"Hanna, do you have any homework that needs to be done?"

"Uh, no I don't. It's done."

"Okay, Victoria is in the kitchen cleaning, why don't you go in and help her."

"Sure. Whatever."