Rose

We headed straight for home after the game. I decided to break the silence because the car ride was too quiet for me.

"That was a great game, too bad there wasn't a bigger turnout."

Victoria and Hanna both spoke at the same time.

"Yeah."

"You two sure are quiet tonight."

Victoria spoke up, "We're just really tired."

"Me too. How about you girls just finish your homework when we get home, then head to bed?"

Hanna spoke up.

"Okay."

"We're home."

Victoria and Hanna ran up to their room to do their homework. They had been up there for hours, so I decided I would go see if they were finished yet. I stopped at their door, I could hear them talking to each other.

"Victoria, are you finished?"

"No, I'm stuck on English."

"Here, I'll help you."

"Thanks for helping me."

"You're welcome. I was thinking that we should go clean the bathroom or something."

"I'm not against impressing our parents. It may get us out of some trouble."

What were they trying to hide, what was so bad that they were going to clean the bathroom? I hurried and snuck into my room, so that they thought I was asleep. Eventually, I did go to sleep. When I woke up, I went to go make sure the girls were awake.

"Victoria, Hanna, are you two awake?"

"I'm awake, I'll go check on Victoria."

I walked over to Victoria, she was fast asleep.

"Victoria, wake up. It's seven o'clock."

She finally rolled over to face me.

"I guess I forgot to set an alarm last night."

"We got to hurry and get dressed."

I shouted down to Rose, "She's up. We'll be down as soon as we're dressed."

"Thank you Hanna."

I was already waiting for them in the car. I have a lot of tests to grade when I get to the school. Hanna and Victoria had both grabbed an apple for breakfast and got in the car.

"I was surprised when I woke up to a clean bathroom and kitchen this morning. You girls didn't have to do that, especially since you were both so tired last night."

Victoria and Hanna both looked at each other, then Hanna spoke up.

"Uh, we just figured you've been really busy with school, so we just thought it's the least we could do."

"Your dad thought that you girls were probably up to something. He thought you are trying to cover something up. That wouldn't be the case now, would it?"

I looked into the mirror trying to make eye contact with them, then Victoria spoke up.

"No, we just wanted to help you since you've been so busy. There's nothing wrong with us doing a little bit of cleaning."

"That's what I told your father. I didn't think you two would pull such a thing."

I guess I won't press the issue anymore. They'll tell me when they are ready to confess.

"Rose, Victoria and I have something we want to talk to you about, but we want to wait till after school is over today."

"Okay."

We finally arrived at the school. I told the girls to head to their class, and then I headed off to my classroom.