Chapter One

Under the Blood Moon

One

Five years ago...

I slowly open my eyes, feeling the warm breeze of the Caribbean sweep through the open door of our bedroom. I feel Cauis' arms tighten around me, pulling me flush against his hard body. I smile and skim my hand up his arm across my stomach. The hairs there stands up as my fingers brush over them. A swift breeze comes into the room, sending a stack of papers on the table to the floor. I sigh, and try to get out of bed, but Cauis won't let me go.

"Leave them." He says, his voice thick with sleep still. I turn my head to look into his bright green eyes, feeling my heart begin to race. Cauis gives me a small smile, and bends his head to my lips. "Good morning, Mrs. Heteria." He purrs pulling his lips away.

I smile at him, loving my new last name. "Good morning, Mr. Heteria." I reply combing my fingers through the back of his hair. I grip a fistful and bring his lips back to mine.

For three weeks, Cauis and I have been on our own private island, courtesy of Ronald Peterson, one of the Council members. He offered to lend us the sanctuary as a safe place to consummate our marriage, not that we hadn't done so before the wedding reception was even over. Ronald is the only Council member I allow to call me by my name. By saving my life after Luke's attack after his mating to Nikiya, he has earned that right. Everyone else on the Council though calls us Your Majesty. We are royalty after all. Never before has there been two people who rule over the werewolf species. But with the looming war on the horizon, it had been time to create such a thing.

Cauis grips my hip as I kiss him deeply, and pulls me on top of him. Our already naked bodies fit together perfectly. Every curve of his new body fits into mine. Cauis brushes his hands up my back, resting them on my shoulders. His left finger brushes over his mark at the curve from my shoulders to my neck, making me moan as he deepens the kiss. I move my right hand from the bed, and place it on his chest, fusing our bodies together.

A piercing cry reverberates through the wall. My head snaps up immediately, Cauis lips attempting to follow mine. I quickly scramble out of Cauis' arms, and snatch his shirt from last night off the floor. As I move around the bed, I shove the shirt over my body, and then make my way to Valerio's room. Ignoring Cauis pleading groans I open our son's door, and walk calmly to his crib Ronald bought for his home here. As I draw closer to him, his crying stops, and he begins to giggle. My heart pounds in my chest every time he laughs.

I step up the his crib, placing my hands on the railing, and say, "Good morning, little one." I reach down and pick him up, kissing his left dimple. "How did you sleep?" I nuzzle his neck, intoxicated by his scent, causing him to giggle again. I laugh along with him as I smell the mess in his diaper, and turn to the changing table.

"I'll do it," I hear Cauis offer from the door.

I look over my shoulder to him, seeing him standing there. The sight of him standing there in just his briefs makes my mouth water. I smile at him as I lay Valerio down. "Be my guest." I say a little too cheerfully.

Cauis gives me a look, scrunching his nose as he looks lovingly at his son. I step away from the table and Cauis comes over. I give him a quick kiss, and leave the room to put proper clothes on.