Chapter Eleven

Under the Blood Moon

Eleven

I hear Achilles yell as my eye begin to flutter open. My head spins and throbs, almost making me throw up. The only thing I'm able to register right away is the unmeasurable amount of pain I'm in. I have no idea how long Achilles' attack lasted, but if I listen to my body, it tells me it lasted a lifetime. My entire back side screams and protests, even as I lay completely still on the hard floor. My hips feel as though they are on fire, and I can't even feel my private area, which I am grateful for. If I can't feel it, then I probably don't want to. I know if my brain is not permitting me to feel it, then it's bad.

My head falls to one side heavily, and I see Achilles' panicked face. What does he have to be worried about? He is the most powerful person on the planet. By his ability to channel himself, not even I can touch him. He had said my magic wouldn't work here, and I'm in so much pain I can't even lift a finger to even try. Achilles had to have thrown me against that lounge harder than I thought for me to still be unable to move. I am no threat to him in my current condition, so why is he so scared?

Achilles moves to the dresser, and quickly dresses himself. He comes back over to me, and bends. His eyes are frantic as he grabs hold of one of my sore wrist. Why is he so scared? I groan as he grips both my wrists, and then he drags me to the other side of the bed, pulling roughly. He throws my arms down, making my right shoulder crack loudly. My eyes roll into the back of my head as even more pain courses through me. How much more can my body take?

I hear a crash against the door on the opposite side, and then several wolves howling through it. I slowly turn my dizzy head so I can look underneath the bed. The door flies open, coming off it's hinges. I sob from my spot on the hard floor as I see three sets of paws charge into the room. Has Achilles brought me here so others may do to me what he has done? The wolves growl viciously, and begin stalking forwards.

I hear Achilles snaps his fingers from above me, and the room that was just filled with commotion, falls silent. The three sets of paws I can see under the bed stop moving forwards, and I hear a collection of growls from them as they're paws levitate off the floor. I close my eyes as my head pounds fiercely at their noise. I feel a slight breeze at me feet, and then hear someone scream. At the same time, I feel the floor shake slightly, and the sound of something heavy falling. I snap my eyes open again, making my head sway, and turn my head towards the yell above me. It takes a moment for my brain to process what I'm seeing. Luke is standing just behind Achilles, forcing his chin upwards while is other hand holds firmly onto Achilles' shoulder. His lips are presses against Achilles' throat, and blood is running down Achilles' front, drops falling on my bare legs under him. Luke suddenly takes a step back, pulling Achilles with him. I feel something at me feet, making me try and lift my head to see what it is, but my body still won't let me move.

My head feels like a million pounds, just like the rest of my body. I close my eyes again as another wave of nausea comes over me. I just wish in this one moment I could die. I wish that all the heartache I've felt for the last two millenniums would suck me under and never let me resurface. My body hurts so much. All the way from my head, down to my toes. Every inch. I just want this to end.

The thing at my feet travels up my bruised naked body, and then something cold touches my ear. A gust of air runs down my left side, making me whimper at the uncomfortable hotness of it. I hear a deep growl right beside me. I crack my eyes open, fighting against the pain the simple action causes. By the time I open them enough to make out shapes, I see Cauis turning his head away.