Chapter Thirty-Two

Under the Blood Moon

Thirty-Two

Cauis

Esmerelda and I wake up the next morning with a spring in our steps. Eric and Luke are leaving tonight, and will spend at least three days in Quebec. For once, I really hope Eric has trouble finding anything. We need them gone as long as possible. Esmerelda plans on it taking Nikiya two days to kill Egor, and I pray that Eric and Luke don't find something on the first day. I seriously doubt it, just because they're doing research on a time period that has been mostly forgotten. I mean, it took us over a month to find anything, whose to say that it won't be the same this time?

I myself, couldn't be happier. For the next few days, it's just going to be Esmerelda, Septimus, Cyrus, Miles and Hope in the house. Together, the six of us will show Valerio the meaning of being a lycanthrope. Esmerelda, Cyrus and Hope will all collectively be casting spells throughout the teachings. The spells they will be casting will be more or less be copying our memories. They will modify them, and add them to Nikiya's memories before she gets back from New York. And Nikiya will believe every single one of them because Esmerelda and I plan on starting our sons teachings before everyone leaves.

I give Esmerelda a wide smile as she comes out of the bathroom. Even though she prefers to use her magic at any given time, she's just as excited as I am to educate our son. Valerio may only be five years old, but he seems eager to learn. I myself wasn't taught by my father, since he died before I was one. Instead, I got my teaching from Septimus' father, but those lessons were short lived when I accidentally challenged him because of my Alpha blood. In that short amount of time, I learned the basics. I refuse for my son to learn just the bare minimum. I'm not one hundred percent sure if he will grow to be just an Alpha, or a Guild Leader, but I will make damn sure he is prepared for whichever path is in front of him.

"Are you ready?" Esmerelda asks, her eyes shining brightly. I know Esmerelda has put her trauma behind her, but I haven't seen her eyes this way in so many years.

I stand from the end of the bed, and walk over to her, unable to stay away from her. I put hand on her hip, and pull her to me. "More than you could ever know." I tell her honestly.

Esmerelda puts her hand on my chest, and leans into me. "I'll get Aemilia, you can get Valerio."

I give her a small kiss, still smiling. "I'll meet you in the kitchen."

I leave our bedroom, and walk down the hallway. Valerio is normally still asleep at this time, which to me is somewhat funny. As a baby, we couldn't get him to sleep in if our lives depended on it. Now, sometimes, it takes a miracle to get him awake. He sleeps just as soundly as I do. I open his door, seeing him curled in a tiny ball in the middle of his bed. Sometime in the night, he's knocked his pillow onto the floor, so I pick it up, and place it back where it should be.

"Valerio," I say quietly to him. I sit down on the edge of his bed, and put a hand on his shoulder, shaking lightly. "Valerio, wake up buddy." He gurgles incoherent nonsense, and then turns over. I chuckle at him, and shake his shoulder a little more. "Come on, it's time to get up. Momma is getting breakfast ready."