Chapter Twenty-One

Under the Blood Moon

Twenty-One

*Warning! Sexual content!*  

Two months later...

"Uncontoma lavista oncorento korfushus esclentic hortudus," Hope and I chant strenuously in unison. I feel the area just below my nose moisten again. I let go of Hope's forearms, and open my eyes. I quickly grab a napkin from the pile beside us on the coffee table, and dab at the spot. "Sorry." I convey to Hope as I wipe at the blood.

"We need more power." She responds chewing on her bottom lip.

I put the bloodied napkin back to the side, and bite my cheek. I don't think that's the problem we're having  with finishing creating the prison world. We can create it, that's not the problem. The problem is that we can't get it to bind to me for some reason. It will bind to Hope, but then when we go to bind it to me, it falls apart, and I get nose bleeds. Nothing has happened to Hope physically like me, so we don't know what to make of it.

"You're channeling each other right?" Miles asks from his position behind Hope on the couch.

I give him a look over Hope's shoulder, pursing my lips at him. He holds his hands up innocently, and chuckles a little. I look back to Hope and say, "It binds to you. You feel that right?" Hope nods her head, looking just as confused as me. I look down at the open spell book and shake my head. "So why won't it bind to me too?"

"I still say we need more power." Hope says for the fourth time today alone.

I shake my head at her. "We have the power, Hope. We're able to get it to bind to you, meaning we have the power to create it. For some reason, it won't bind to me though." I look back down to the spell book, examining the spell closely. "It's like something is stopping it from latching on." I form a fist with my right hand, and put it against my chest.

"Why don't you two take a small break?" Miles suggests.

It took Hope and I nearly a month to create the spell that would house Achilles until our deaths. We made sure to take our time, getting everything right. When Hope and I die, so will Achilles. We have made it impenetrable, from both sides. No one will ever be able to cross into his prison, and he will never be able to come out. When we die, the bind to the world will break, and make it collapse in on itself. There will be no amount of magic Achilles could use to come back, seeing as how we also put in it that his magic won't work in that world. That had been my revenge on him. He made me feel useless and worthless. I am going to do the same thing to him.

Then, it took us another two weeks for us to get the cadence right to make it even start working. And now, for the last two weeks, we've been struggling relentlessly to get it to attach to me. This whole time, Miles has been the one to remind us to eat, or sleep, or breath sometimes.