Chapter Thirty-Four

Under the Blood Moon

Thirty-Four

I open my eyes, feeling well rested after a good nights sleep. The spell yesterday had taken a lot out of all three of us. I knew I would recover faster than Cyrus and Hope, thanks to my father and the extra strength he's given me. The bright morning sun streams through the windows, lighting the room. I sigh contently, smiling like a fool.

Cauis had been right. Killing the men responsible for mine and Kalli's death is helping me. I feel as though I can breath a little better now, even with being tucked against Cauis in bed with me. I don't feel as anxious as I normally would with being against him, and with the blankets over us. I scoot closer to him, and fuse our bodies together. I haven't been able to be close to him like this for two thousand years. Normally by this point, I would be freaking out about how hot I am, but it isn't bothering me anymore. I'm still a little anxious, but I can handle it.

Cauis nuzzles my left ear, and kisses it. "Good morning." He purrs in his sexy sleepy voice.

I sigh contently again, and turn over to look at him. "Good morning." I reply happily.

Cauis brings his hand up from my hip, and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "How are you feeling?" He asks looking over my face.

I smile at him, and say, "Happy."

Cauis returns my smile, and pulls me closer to him again. "Good." He breathes, kissing me. He growls against my lips, making me moan.

I bring my right hand up, and tangle my fingers into his hair. Before I can progress things, Cauis grabs my hand, and pulls it away from him. "We gotta talk." He informs me pulling his lips away. "You went to sleep so quickly we didn't get a chance to talk."

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Valerio told someone at daycare he'll be able to turn into a wolf." He tells me, making me gasp.

"No," I breath. I had worried what Valerio would tell the other kids he was around. I told him not to talk about what happens at home to anyone there, but he's just a little boy. I should have expected this to happen eventually.

Cauis nods his head at me. "I already told him he wasn't going anymore. He's not happy about it."

"He has friends there, Cauis." I reply. "But you're right. He doesn't need to be going anymore."

"I also had Septimus find out if the kid Valerio told, told anyone. So far, we're in the clear."

"Small miracles." I breath.

"Speaking of miracles," Cauis says, "Cyrus told us you did it. He passed out shortly after you. Septimus got worried Hope was passed out somewhere too, but she was fine. She was able to put the memories in Nikiya by herself." He explains to me, looking at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"

I smile at him. "I'm tired, but" I pause, remembering the look on Egor's face yesterday. I grip the back of Cauis' hair again, and smile wider. "I killed him in his own apartment. I ripped his heart out." I gasp as I remember the explosion of blood. "The shirts I had Nikiya bring into my office, where are they?" I ask him hurriedly, my smile fading.