Chapter Thirty

Under the Blood Moon

Thirty

I shake hands with my new clients, wishing them a joyous day. After a two hour meeting with them, I know exactly how their wedding will look. The couple leave my office, closing the door on their way out, and I sit back down in my chair. I start writing down key things to remember from my vision. The bride had said she wanted roses, but in my vision I saw forget-me-nots, so maybe she's going to change her mind, and they'll be using a ton of flowers. With orders this big, I like to give Hope a heads up.

Twenty minutes after the happy couple left my office, there's a knock on the door. "Yes, Claire?" I call out, not looking up from my notepad.

Claire is my assistant, and a damn good one. She's very friendly, and organized. She opens the door, a work smile on her face. "Your husband is here, Mrs. Heteria." She informs me.

I nod my head at her, "Tell him to come in." I reply, and jot down my last thought.

"Yes, Ma'am." Claire says sweetly, and then turns and speaks with Cauis.

I put my pen down, and stand. Cauis walks in, and immediately I spot the folder in his hand. I feel a smile pull on my face, knowing we have information. Claire shuts the door as Cauis walks over to me. He seems hesitant though. He smiles at me, and puts the folder down on my desk.

"Is it safe to talk in here?" He asks me quietly looking over his shoulder to the door.

I wave my hand, sealing the room, and then nod at him. "It is now."

Cauis sits down in a chair on the other side of my desk, and point to the folder he set down. "We think we've found Sven's son." He states. I pick up the folder, and sit down, opening it.

"His son?" I ask, my head snapping up to look at him. How could they possibly have found the priest's son?

Cauis nods his head, and I look back at the papers in front of me. Cauis lets me read in silence for a few minutes, and then says, "Luke is trying to figure out if he's still alive, or well, a vampire. But, Esmerelda," he pauses, and sits on the edge of his chair. He rests his forearms on the edge of my desk, and asks, "You realize that if he is, we have another problem?"

"John," I breath, and then sigh. The first lead we have, and the man is almost untouchable. I look up to Cauis, and shake my head. "The fact that he may be a vampire changes nothing for me, Cauis." I glance back down at the papers. "That just means Hope, Cyrus and I will have to be more creative."

"Esmerelda, please." Cauis breaths. I look back up to him, and wait. "Don't do this. Don't start a war with John."

I feel my anger spike at him. "This was your idea in the first place, Cauis!" I shout at him. "You're the one who told me to go after them and now you're telling me not to. Why? Because he's a vampire?"

Cauis looks at me with sad eyes. "I still do want you to, I still believe it will help you, but, this might start a war with John."

I grind my teeth together. Of course it will start a war with John. Werewolves and vampires have been at peace for the last three years. John hasn't called us once with any problems. He hasn't called at all. I did find it odd at first when we never heard from him, but then thought, maybe 'soon' to a vampire could mean decades to those who can die.