Chapter Thirty-Three

Under the Blood Moon

Thirty-Three

Cauis

As Septimus and I race around the backyard, Valerio cheering me on by the back gate, I see the rest of our group come out the back door. Septimus and I both turn, and start running back towards Esmerelda and Valerio. I push myself even more when I see that Nikiya is standing by Esmerelda and begins whispering to her. Esmerelda said that Nikiya believed her when she said she wouldn't go after Egor, but I still don't trust her anymore. I never though that my inability to command her would effect anything, but it is now. Nikiya isn't one of us, and the thought smacks me hard in the face.

Esmerelda gives me a forced smile, and grabs Valerio's hand. She moves away from the group, coming towards Septimus and I, and then turns to face everyone when we get to them. I take my place at Esmerelda's right side, and look over everyone.

"What's going on?" Miles asks me. We're normally not up this early, but Esmerelda and I couldn't sleep, too excited for Valerio.

"I asked Daddy to teach me about being a lycanthrope." Valerio answers him, running his hand over my fur on my left side.

Every wolf in our group smiles brightly down at Valerio, and congratulate him. Luke looks over to me, and asks, "Any chance I could stay here now? I would love to help out."

Before I can tell him no, Eric looks at his brother. "Uh, no!" He tells him, seeming a little panicked. "Do you not realize how big that new library is, Luke? I need all the help I can get there." Eric turns his head, and looks at me. "I was actually going to ask if Miles could come along too. There's over five million books there. I need more than just Luke, Abigail and I searching."

That's fine. I turn my head to Miles, You'll go with them, and all of you take as much time as you need. I add on. The longer Luke is gone, the better for Esmerelda so she can take her time with Nikiya. I have no idea how difficult it will be to control her for so long, but I can only guess. I do know that Esmerelda will need Hope and Cyrus' help though. And if Esmerelda can't do something by herself, the task is nearly impossible. But I have faith in the three of them. Esmerelda wouldn't tell me they can do something if they can't.

Miles nods his head to me, and then wraps an arm around Hope's waist. If I didn't think Hope, Cyrus and Esmerelda could do this by themselves, I would insist that he stay. Plus, with Miles going, he can keep an eye on Luke for me. I don't have to tell Miles to keep an eye on Luke, he already knows. Luke can still be commanded, but this is his mate Esmerelda will be controlling. If Luke suspects anything, at least Miles will be there to let me know right away.

"When shifting," I explain to Valerio the next day, "it's very important that you control yourself. Shifting is painful the first few times. And if you don't control yourself, you can be lost to your wolf. He will completely take over you, and it can be hard to shift back."