Chapter Twelve

Under the Blood Moon

Twelve

Cauis

I feel as though I'm about to explode as an obsessive rage consumes me. I turn from Esmerelda on the floor in front of me, and lunge for Achilles. Luke drops Achilles in a heap, leaving him lying in a pool of his own blood as I order someone to get Esmerelda out of here. Luke flashes over to her, and I hear Esmerelda whimper behind me. A low growl escapes my lips as Luke runs from the room. I can't leave this room until he's dead. After what he's done to Hope, and now Esmerelda, I will not leave until he's drawn his last breath.

I stalk forwards to his unconscious body. Just as I'm getting to him, Septimus comes to my side. I look over at the same time Septimus looks at me. He shakes his head from side to side, and says, This is my son, Cauis.

I take a step towards him, growling. Your son has spent the last few months pleasing himself with Hope. And now he's-

I am not saying he is innocent. Septimus interrupts me. He turns his head and looks down at his pathetic flesh and bones. All I'm asking for is a minute to talk to him. Just once. Septimus looks back over to me, his eyes hard. Before we kill him.

I take a step back, surprised at his words. Before we kill him? I ask him shocked. I hadn't expected for Septimus to be a part of it.

Septimus looks back down at his son, his lips going over his teeth. I don't know what happened to him, but after what he's done, my son or not, he deserves to die. Septimus looks back to me. And I should be here when it happens.

I study Septimus for a moment, and then nod my head to him. If he really wants to be here and watch as I kill his son, that's fine by me.

Esmerelda is safe. I hear Luke tell me. Hope is trying to heal her now. Do you want me back? I can stay here and watch over everyone if you want.

Have Nikiya look after them. I need you back here. I reply as I take a seat. Luke drank from Achilles for a just a minute, but that minute was enough to completely knock the scumbag out. We could be sitting here a while, waiting for him to wake up. When he does, I want Luke here as back up. There's a table here somewhere, bring it into this room. Find something to tie him to it too, I order Eric and Luke.

I'll have Hope send me back when she's finished. Esmerelda just passed out. Hope healed whatever happened to her throat. She was able to scream fully when her shoulder got put back in place. Luke informs us all. A low growl rips it's way out of all of us as we think of what Achilles has done to my wife. I could hear Esmerelda's screams before I even entered the room they had been in. And that room is soundproof.

Eric leaves the room, and Septimus and I sit in silence, just looking at his son. Cauis, Septimus says beside me after a few minutes. I look over at him, and wait for him to continue. He keeps his stare on Achilles and says, I'm truly sorry for what he has done. I know it is not my fault, but that doesn't make it right.