Chapter Ten

***ATTENTION***

This chapter contains detailed rape!

I will put a * at the beginning of it, and another at the end!!! 

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT!!!

Under the Blood Moon

Ten

Achilles teleports us into a room filled with chairs and couches. He continues to hold onto my throat as he pulls us towards a three person couch, and then pushes me down roughly to sit. He lets go of my throat, and takes a step back, just staring at me silently. I look him up and down, seeing the resemblance between him and Septimus easily. Achilles takes another step away from me, and then sits down on a cushion on the couch behind him.

"I don't mean to stare." He says as his eyes rake over me, making me feel uncomfortable. I swallow, and place my hands in my lap. "It's just, I've been watching you for some time. This is the first chance I've allowed us to have really any interaction."

"You've been watching me?" I ask, refusing to show any nerves.

Achilles nods his head, and smiles at me. "Indeed, Auntie."

"I am not your Aunt." I say to him before I can stop myself.

He smiles wider at me. "Are you not Cauis' wife and mate?" He asks chuckling. I take a breath, and slightly nod my head at him. "Then, you are my Aunt. My mother," he continues, "would go on and on about the two of you. She thought the world of you in particular, even though you stole my father from us."

"We didn-" Achilles suddenly snaps his fingers, and I'm rendered speechless.

"Forgive me," he says placing a hand on his chest. "I wasn't finished." He stands from his cushion and comes to take the empty seat beside me. He angles his body so he's facing me, and continues. "I know, you didn't steal him. I know my father came willingly, but to me, you stole him. I was forced to grow up, hearing about all the wonderful things my father would do for my mother in the short time they were together. She would tell me how much he loved me, even though he never met me, which I always thought was a crock of shit."

Achilles pauses and looks down at his hands. He takes a deep breath, and then looks up at me. "It was because of you and Cauis that vampires came after our pack so fervently. For thirty years, I had to constantly relocate the pack, just trying to keep them out of harms way. It wasn't until about, oh, 22 B.C. when I finally figured it out. They were searching for you guys. So, I took a small group of the pack, and headed south, trying to lead them away from my own newborn son. Vampires eventually caught up with us, and there was a short battle, where they killed me. Do you know how excruciating it is to have your limps torn from you? Cauis, these last few months, has gotten a small taste of that pain."

My eyes are fixed on Achilles as he talks. My breathing spikes as he describes the torture he's inflicted on Cauis. My nails dig into my palms as he continues.

"When I woke in that godawful prison you created, I thought it was my own hell. As time went by excruciatingly slow, I noticed, things were changing, slowly, in that world. I would later learn that the changes being made, were mirroring how the world was changing. One day, there were horses and carriages everywhere. The next, those horses were replaced by cars. And did you know, I couldn't die in there? Believe me, I tried. Then, just one day, I was running around, and I heard voices. Voices, Esmerelda, voices. I hadn't heard another human talk for two thousand years. I had long stopped talking out loud to myself. Even the voice in my head had gone silent.