Chapter Nineteen

Under the Blood Moon

Nineteen

Before I can move or say anything, Hope continues. "Do you think Miles knows?"

I shake my head at her. "No." I answer shortly, still fuming at Cauis. "He would have told you."

"Unless Cauis ordered that no on say anything." Hope eyes go wide again. "Do you think everyone but us knows?"

I lock my jaw again, my anger doubling. Cauis would have ordered that no one tell us. But Miles doesn't have the hard look in his eyes everyone else has. I've also never seen him in a hushed conversation with Cauis. Not like Septimus, Luke, and Nikiya. Everything suddenly makes sense to me. I grind my teeth. "No, Miles doesn't know." I spit at Hope again.

"Then he comes with us." She tells me firmly. She takes a step forward and repeats, "Miles comes with us."

I think about it for a moment. I don't know what good, or help, Miles will be, but if Hope feels as strongly as she does about him coming, then I'll let him come. I nod my head at her, and then curl my fingers, popping him into the room.

He smiles down at Hope. No, there's no way he knows. "That never gets old." He says happily.

"Achilles is alive." Hope blurts out to him. 

The smile that is on Miles' face slowly falls. "What?" He asks her confused. He looks over to me for the first time. His face and eyes go hard as we stare at each other. Miles looks back down to Hope. They search each others eyes for a moment, nobody speaking. "You're going after him." He states. He knows we won't sit here idly. Out of everyone in this house, Miles has seen first hand how far Hope has come.

"She wants you to join us." I inform him through my teeth.

Miles looks over to me. "You don't want me to?"

"I'm fine with it." I start. "But, not if you're going to tell Cauis."

Miles eye bulge. "You're going without the group?"

"Are you in or not?" Hope presses him.

Miles looks back at her. Instantly, he says, "I'm not letting you go by yourself." He looks at me. "And I won't tell Cauis."

"Good." I say tilting my head to one side. "We leave now."

"Now?" Miles and Hope say in unison.

"Better now then when Cauis feels I'm no longer mad at him." I curl my fingers, instantly packing a bag with essentials for all three of us. "You two ready?" I ask putting the bag over my shoulder.

Hope steps up to me, and then grabs Miles' hand, pulling him up to us. "We're ready."

I grab Hope's free hand, and close my eyes. The three of us pop over to the hut where Hope and I just were. "Grab anything you think we could use."

"What's the plan here?" Miles asks following after us. "Do you even know where he is?"

"He's in the same spot." I tell them as I grab various vials. "And I have a plan."

"And what is it?" Miles continues.

Hope stops grabbing vials, and looks at me. I take what's in her hands and stuff them into the backpack. "I'm going to create another prison world." I inform them simply.