Chapter Two: The Brown and Grey Wolf

Joji's "Dancing in the Dark" blasted through the speaker of my phone, waking me up from the deep slumber that I was in. I rubbed my eyes, getting the sleep out of them as I peered outside, seeing as it was still dark. I tried to get up before everyone else in the town was awake, so that I could get a run in without being distracted by people's thoughts. I shivered as the cold air hit my bare legs, internally reminding myself to wear pants to sleep now -- an idea I was fairly foreign to. Besides, who wears anything besides an oversized hoodie and undies to sleep?

I got out of bed, groaning as I rolled my neck and ankles. I stretched my back, grimacing at the loud crack. Ew.

"Oh motherfuck..." I cursed, letting my sailor-mouth get the better of me as my feet touched the cold, wooden floor. I threw on some fuzzy socks and stumbled to the small yet perfect bathroom I had, with simply one sink, a toilet and a shower. It was little but all I needed. I splashed cold water on my face, tying my belly-button length black hair up in a tight ponytail. I looked at my face, as I scrunched my nose at how a new pimple had found it's way onto my skin. My period was coming, how wonderful.

I looked at myself in the mirror for a short while, my long, thick curly hair falling down my back in a heavy ponytail. My eyes were quite possibly the only thing I liked about myself,  had hetero-chromic eyes, one being a clear blue with a splotch of brown near the pupil and the other being a shade of green. They were interesting and unique, to say the least. I have dark, thick eyebrows that I painfully waxed each month to keep me from looking like Bigfoot. I had freckles splayed across my face, many of them on my cheekbones and forehead. I stood at a short five foot one, with shoes on. Other than my eyes, I was a pretty average girl.

I threw on a sports bra so that my boobs would refrain from giving me a goddamn black eye when I went out for my run, then proceeded by putting on a quarter zip and some nike leggings. I put my headphones in, going outside before I started running. Everything was so incredibly peaceful as I ran across the dirt path, enjoying the scenery and the sounds of nature all together. The sun was starting to rise, turning the sky into an orange-pink color. I started running faster, enjoying the sound of my feet hitting the rocky path. I stopped for a moment, putting my hands above my head as I tried to catch my breath, coming towards an end of a drop-off cliff. I peered over, admiring the shades of pink and orange and purple that dyed the normally baby-blue sky. It was beautiful.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when I heard a rustle in the bushes. My heart practically sank into my stomach when I saw the eyes of a huge brown wolf. I gulped and my eyes widened. "Okay... Uh, good boy?" I said awkwardly, backing away. It stalked towards me, snarling and bearing it's large, sharp canines at me. Well shit. I put my hands out in defense, trying to stay as still as possible as the large creature walked towards me even more. The wolf's mouth was foaming, making my heart race even more.

Out of all the ways I thought I was going to die, I never expected it to be because of rabies by a huge ass wolf. I mean, death isn't fun no matter what, but this was just a little extra unfair. It was as if life was trying to give me a bad start here in my new home.

As I kept backing up, I soon stumbled on what was the end of the edge of the small cliff. Hell no, I was not about to die like this. I would be the towns joke!

"Uhhh, ah! Not to sound dramatic or anything but if anyone is out there, in the woods nearby, please help me. It's a bit urgent, there happens to be a kind of huge wolf with rabies about to bite me and rip my body to shreds, so um, yeah. If anyone can hear me."

In about 30 seconds, another huge wolf appears. He had a shiny grey coat and hazel eyes that continued to get darker as he stalked towards the crazed-rabies-wolf.

Double shit. Now I have two wolves trying to kill me. Absolutely fantastic.

My heart lurched as the grey wolf attacked the brown wolf suddenly, launching with it's long hind-legs and ripping its throat out, overall tearing its body to shreds, even after the wolf was lifeless. I am definitely going absolutely insane. My heart was beating about a thousand miles per minute, as my knees started to buckle beneath me. The wolf guts in front of me were too much to bear, making me feel particularly squeamish in the stomach. The last thing I saw was the huge grey wolf's bloody snout, eyes still wild from anger.

Thaddeus' Point of View

     "Alpha, we have a problem." My Beta, Elijah, said with a distressed voice as he walked into my large office I owned. I peered up at him through my glasses, raising a brow. "And what could that be?"

"These fucking rogues, man, I was on my morning run and one of the was terrorizing a human. Or, at least I think was was human -- she didn't smell like one, quite differently, actually. That's besides the point, she's not a werewolf and one of the rouges was terrorizing her, about to kill her! It would be so bad if she died and when the autopsy report came back as an unidentified creature. We would be in deep shit, seriously, man, I-" I sighed, cutting his rambling off.

"Well, is the girl okay?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

He gulped. "Well yeah, I'm just worried she's gonna report this to the city, but-" I lifted a finger, chuckling wryly. "I'm not worried. For God's sake, she saw two massive wolves, and she saw you kill one. She's probably convinced she's gone nuts. If anything happens, it'll be fine. The only evidence is the rouge remains, correct?" He nodded. "Good, nothing to worry about. She will most likely assumed she had to kill the wolf for self-defense, it is truly no big deal."

I wasn't the type to get worked up easily. I knew if my pack was in any danger at all, we would be safe. I had the best male and she-wolves, the strongest in the country. Nothing could hurt us. As I got back to my typical Alpha paperwork, the words of my Beta, Elijah, lingered my mine. "Or, at least I think she was human -- she didn't smell like one, quite differently, actually." I shrugged off the peculiar statement, returning to the loads of paperwork I had to finish.

---

If anyone wants to design a cover photo for me, it would mean the world hehehe :) let me know what you think! xoxo