Chapter Eleven: The Orchid

Indie's Point of View:

        A week had passed from when Thaddeus came over to my small house, and sat in silence with me as we watched the television. I had been working a lot, making a good amount of money. However, my thoughts often felt clouded. I could still feel him looking at me, wherever he was. A part of me felt an odd yearning for him, which made me want to punch myself internally. I felt whipped, and I had barely had a conversation with him. Most importantly, he had scared me, made me cry in fear; confusing me even further. He had cracked some hidden bottle of emotions that inhabited my heart, making me feel sensitive and fragile. I hated it. I sighed, holding the oversized denim jacket around my arms as I walked home from the diner that I had grown to love. Annie, my coworker, had become a friend, a relationship I felt foreign to. She talked often and I listened, smiling when she told me about her children as well as her current studies. She was a strong, single mother — something I admired her deeply for.

I twisted the key in the lock of my door, breathing in relief as I felt the warmth of my cozy cabin cover me like a thick duvet. I immediately stripped out of my clothes, turning the notch of my shower. I placed my hand under the running water, testing how warm it was. Hot showers felt too good to me. I let the water run over my shoulders, scrubbing my face. After shaving and washing my hair and body with my vanilla body gel, I stepped out, goosebumps rising on my skin. I immediately remembered how Thaddeus was seemingly always watching me, making my face feel hot as I wrapped a fluffy towel around me.  I hope to God that he didn't just see me in my birthday suit.

I slipped on one of my late adoptive fathers shirts, as well as boy short underwear. I hummed in happiness as I rubbed scented lotion on my legs, before putting on fuzzy socks. My heart just about stopped when I heard a curt knock at the door, making me jump. I crossed my arms over my chest, before opening it just slightly. My heart soared in excitement as my mind wandered the possibility that it could be Thaddeus. I couldn't help it, I felt like his presence was needed around me.

I felt slight disappointment when I cracked the door open, seeing that no Greek god was waiting on my doorstep, with the oh-so annoying (yet sexy smirk) that never left his face. I huffed, a bit irritated as I closed the door before I noticed a purple orchid in a small yellow pot. I picked it up, seeing there was a note beside it, attached to the stem.

"You haven't been drawing or painting lately, little one, here is some inspiration." -T

His handwriting was like calligraphy. A shudder went down my back as I smiled, feeling the soft petals of the flower, admiring their vivid magenta color.

Thaddeus' Point of View:

Over the past week, I continued to watch my little one. As much as my wolf was protesting, and even I, at some points, I refused to be invasive. She needed to trust me. I had noted the small mannerisms about her I had grown to adore. She looked at her coworker, Annie, with adoration in her eyes — something I felt inevitably jealous of. I stood near her home, my wolf senses zooming in on her, analyzing ever move she made. She had a stunning voice, and often sang incoherent tunes while doing everyday tasks. She loved music, specifically alternative bands and poetry. She often reads books, and I had noticed she especially loved the book 'Gone with the Wind. ' Although I never stopped watching my little one, I refused to look as she changed, or showered. Thankfully, she closed the curtain to her bathroom most times; at times still forgetting that I was there. She was studious, spending hours on her studies of medicine, taking pages upon pages of notes with her delicate handwriting. She was intelligent, memorizing the words of her textbook with ease. She scrunched up her nose in confusion when she read something she didn't understand, making a humming noise.

I frowned when I realized she hadn't been painting recently, like she usually did when she had free time. I bought an orchid for her, feeling absolutely clueless about all flowers. However, considering her special appreciation for cool colors — such as indigo, purple and baby blue, I chose it wisely. I placed it at her doorstep, knocking quickly before disappearing back into the shadows, behind the trees.

I watched her as she cracked the door cautiously, my eyes turning black as I saw the oversized shirt she was in, going to her mid-thigh, her thighs being exposed. Her hair was wet from a shower, cascading down her back as the natural curls began to dry. She had creamy skin, with a few bumps that made my wolf purr. She was so authentic, so raw, so innocent and young. 'Imagine those thighs'- I cut my wolf off, turning off the aroused thoughts that were existing vividly in my mind. She deserves respect.

A wave of relief washed over my body as I saw her smile slightly, reading the note as she took in the sight of the orchid. Her face had turned the color that it often turned, reminding me of a rose that was blooming.