Chapter Eighteen: Bad Dream

hey guys I just went through a shit ass breakup so if my writing seems sad and gloomy that's probably why. i relate to indie a lot (obviously i'm not telepathic, but...) also, if there are any spelling/ grammatical errors PLEASE tell me kindly hehe:) sometimes i won't realize. anywho, enjoy this chapter my lovely bean sprouts <3

Indie's Point of View:

       "I'm a werewolf." He looked at me before quickly looking down at his hands, before scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly. I furrowed my brows, deeply confused by what he meant. I needed to get out of this town, these people are absolutely fucking psycho. "Okay..." I chuckled. "Have you been to see anyone?" I asked, staring at him with confusion when I realized he really wasn't kidding — this man legitimately thought he was a wolf. He looked at me, pulling his eyebrows up in confusion while I noticed his jaw clenching, a vein running down his neck.

"See anyone?" He seethed, suddenly angered by my response. I gulped, trying to calm my breath down. I was terrified of him being angry, so scared that he would hurt me again — like he had done times before. I held my hands together, picking at the skin by my thumb as I wanted so badly just to disappear into thin air. In fact, I wanted the floor to swallow me whole. Coming here was a mistake. No matter how badly I wanted a new start, I knew deep down that I could never have that for myself. I could never feel regular, or normal — I could never lead a generic life. Only bad things have happened to me, and I'm surrounded by insane people everywhere I turn; especially in the town of Whiteoak, Colorado. I felt even more isolated than I had felt before; and everyone looked at me like I was some sort of fresh meat. And, now that Thaddeus knew about me and my odd talent, it only presented another reason for me to flee the town. Hell, I would live on the streets if I had to, anything to escape this. "Yeah, like maybe a counselor? Or a psychiatrist?" I asked quietly, my voice embarrassingly cracking towards the end of my sentence as he looked at me with stern eyes.

"Indie, are you kidding? Be honest with me, right now."

"Kidding about what? No, Thaddeus, are you kidding? Because what you just said made you sound pretty insane. I mean, I already thought that before, but this is just something else. Have you seen anyone to talk about this?" I spat out, throwing my arms up in anger as I looked up at a now standing Thaddeus, his body towering like a skyline building over my own. Was he even listening to himself?

"I'm not kidding, Indie. I will prove it to you, right now — if you promise to not run in fear." I looked up at him, my eyes finally meeting his as I scoffed, my face feeling red in anger as I took in his words. I glanced at the tiles beneath me, counting the symmetrical shapes of them as I tried to distract myself from the extremely uncomfortable feeling I had gotten from this anything-but-ordinary conversation. "You need to leave, Thaddeus. You are absolutely cra-" Before I could finish, he stripped off his joggers and I heard bones cracking like twigs on a forest floor. He was shaking, his hands becoming larger as I saw sharp claws extend from his long fingers. His eyes were a glowing caramel color, so bright that they would illuminate in even the dark. I was definitely losing my mind. I took steps back, feeling bile bubble in my stomach as I covered my ears and put myself in fetal position. I pinched my arm tightly, enough to draw blood — praying to god that it was just some fucked up dream. My hands were locked around my head as I leaned against the refrigerator door, slouching down as I tried to wake myself up, somehow. However, no matter how hard I tried to dig my fingernails into my neck, I wasn't waking up. This was real life. I held my knees to my chest, unintentionally trembling. I wanted to run, so far away. I wanted to be on another planet, anywhere but here.

I heard an animalistic whimper, making me pinch my skin hard, feeling blood trickle down my neck. My pulse was so irregular that I felt at any moment, I could pass out from stress and shock. I could feel my pulse as the blood pumped through my body vigorously, trying to catch my breath. Then, I felt a cold nose press against my forehead, along with some more whimpers. I felt the hot panting against my body, as I cowered more in fear. He wasn't lying.

«»
sorry this is lowkey short but i didn't know where to end it it was a bit of a hard chapter to write because like how tf does one respond to someone shifting into a wolf??? new update tomorrow or tonight ;)