Chapter Fifty-Three: Natural Wonder

Indie's Point of View:

         I rummaged through the men's aisle in Nordstrom. I had no idea what I could possibly get Thaddeus for his birthday. For Christ's sake, I had told him that I wouldn't get him anything to begin with. I looked at the labels on the fancy watches, grimacing when I saw the price tags. I slid my phone out of my jean pocket, my mouth quite possibly falling agape when I checked my balance. I wasn't in debt — there was no negative symbol and no fine dates for my overdraft fees. My eyes widened as I felt my phone almost tumble out of my hands — my balance read $50,000. I recounted the zeros at least six times, pinching my arm to assure myself that I wasn't in fact dreaming. I quickly pulled up Thaddeus' contact, my hand shaking in shock while I pressed the 'call' button.

"My beautiful mate," I heard a rich voice echo through my speaker. "How are you? I'm just about to leave a meeting."

"Thaddeus," I said through gritted teeth.

"Why is there money in my account, what did you do?" I groaned.

"I wanted to help you out, little one. College is a lot of money, and I know how hard you work. You need to treat yourself more."

"I'm gonna pay you back. This is a lot of money, Thaddeus. I appreciate you so much, but I can't just accept this without repaying you. I'm kind of in shock right now." I laughed nervously, the split ends on my hair suddenly becoming interesting as I twiddled with them.

"You can pay me back," He said slyly. "Not monetarily, obviously. But by letting me get my face between those beautiful legs of yours again." I could practically hear his obnoxious smirk through the phone. My face turned a bright red, gasping at his comment as a few shoppers looked in my direction. "Thaddeus..." I hissed, rubbing my temples. "You're too much." The scarlet color painted on my face intensified as thoughts of me losing my virginity to him roamed my head.

"Where are you right now, my love?"

"Oh, uh... I'm at the, uh, library?" My answer sounded more like a question.

"Where are you, Indie?" His voice sounded more stern this time, making me shudder. "I'm just at the mall right now. It's your birthday! Stop worrying about me. Come over tonight at like six-ish. I'll have a surprise for you."

"The surprise better involve you nak-" I rolled my eyes, humming loudly so that I couldn't hear the rest of his sentence. He is obnoxious, I must admit, but he makes me laugh like no one has before. "Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"I love you, amica mea."

I smiled softly, my stomach filling with butterflies. "I love you."

As I clicked the 'end' button, I continued to pull through the rack of jumpers and t-shirts, praying to find something. I quietly hummed to myself before I felt a tap at my shoulder, making me jump. "Luna, we're sorry." I heard a familiar voice say quietly. I turned around, seeing a variety of the female pack members looking at me with wide eyes. "Why are you here alone? It's not safe." One of them said, looking around frantically.

"It's the... mall?" My answer sounded more like a question than a genuine response. Was it really that dangerous for me to be out by myself?

"Are you here looking for the Great Alpha's birthday gift?" A girl towards the back squealed. I wanted to roll my eyes at his dramatic title, 'the Great Alpha.' I nodded in response, chuckling as they looked at each other excitedly. "We know exactly how to help. Don't buy him anything! Instead, buy yourself something. I have the perfect idea." A girl who looked to be about fifteen/ sixteen said, her platinum hair falling around her diamond-shaped face as she spoke. She then grabbed my hand, leading me into a lingerie boutique as my eyes widened. I took in the pretty lace and satin garments, my face turning bright red as they urged me towards teddy sets and sexy garters that made my mouth drop. The girl with the white hair held a silk camisole and shorts set to me, winking.