Chapter 07 | he was poetic

I want to scream, but instead I close my eyes and wait until I open them up to see again. His green eyes pour into mine, a single tear begins making it's way down my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" He looks at me with a worried expression and puts his hand to my cheek, I wince at his touch. "What's wrong?"

"You're gone, you're not suppose to be here." I say choking on my words.

"I'm here Ella." His voice sounds so soothing when he says my name. "I never left."

I rest my head against his chest and it's so strange to feel a sudden warmth radiate off of him. This wasn't real, it couldn't be real. It felt too real. His scent still lingered behind and I held him a bit tighter knowing this could possibly be the last time I ever see him again.

I doze off and when I wake, he's gone.

I realize I'm sleeping against one of his t shirts. I don't remember grabbing it from the drawer. I've kept it tucked away incase he needed another shirt to wear. That explains the elusive dream.

I get up and head straight to the bathroom. I have a horrible headache this morning so I take a couple of pain relievers to ease the pain.

"Good morning." My mom gives me a large smile when she notices me walking into the kitchen. "How was your night?"

I shrug and take a seat at the kitchen island. "Would I be a considered a horrible person if I kissed someone last night?" I scrunch up my face when I see my mother's eyes widen. "I'm not saying I did or anything."

"No, you're in a very fragile place right now and I understand drugs, alcohol and boys can all be a little tempting when you're hurt, but remember doing those things have consequences." She tells me. "Who was it?"

I cover my face with my hands. "Nobody." I grumble.

"Okay fine." She rolls her eyes.

"Ella!" Felix tugs on my shirt and I stare down at him. "Can you take us to the park?"

"Shit." I curse

"Language." My mother warns me.

I remember my car is still at that strangers house party, I only hope it isn't towed yet.

"Mom we have to go, my car was left at the party last night." I tell her before rushing up to my room I put on some slippers and grab my keys from my bedside table. I tie my very messy hair into a ponytail and then meet her downstairs.

"Who brought you home?" She asks when we enter her minivan. "Was it the same person you kissed at that party?"

"Can we not talk about that right now?"

When we arrive I can feel my palms sweat when I don't see my blue Prius where I last left it. Someone was a little eager to get rid of it.

"Where is it?" My mom asks looking around.

"It's not here."

"What!" She shouts. "What do you mean it's not here?"

"That's exactly what I mean. It was probably impounded." I say. "I left it right here."

"Sweetheart you did read the sign that clearly says no parking right?"

I've never been more clueless in my entire life, my brain has gone to mush.