Chapter 39 | ella wants to

"Line up everyone, c'mon let's get moving!"

"How long does it take to get on a damn bus?" Hero growls next to me as we watch everyone take their sweet time choosing seats.

"Relax." I chuckle lightly. "We'll be on soon."

He gives me a sideways glance, looking very annoyed at this point. Hero's not one to be very patient.

"Quit looking so grumpy." I tease him.

This causes him to force a smile which makes me laugh.

"That's better."

"Alright keep it moving!" The bus driver calls out. Hero and I finally step onto the bus and choose our seats rather quickly. Danielle and Justin sit behind us. Jess walks in shortly after, holding hands with Jason who rakes me over with his eyes.

"Okay everyone please stay seated the entire time we'll be there shortly."

The buses start up and we head off shortly after.

"I brought M&M's." I tell Hero, I reach into my bag and pick out the yellow package.

"I'm allergic to nuts." He tells me.

Well that would have been useful news.

"Oh." Is all I can muster as I stuff them back into my bag.

Hero reaches for my hand and laces our fingers together. He flashes me his signature smirk before kissing my right temple.

Into the next hour I turn around to talk to Danielle. Justin's already fallen asleep so she's pretty bored. Hero's head is leaning against the window so he's well on his way of falling asleep.

I look out the window as we finally pull into the camping grounds. Trees are surrounding the entire area but I still manage to see the lake between the trees.

"Before everyone starts getting off we have assigned everyone a cabin so when I call your name please get off the bus and meet with your group."

Everyone groans as we wait for the names to be called. It seems they've separated girls and boys from sharing the same room.

"Jess, Ella, Sofie, Beverley, Danielle..." The woman directing our trip calls out. "Cabin eight."

I grab my bag and sigh. I just had to be paired with Sofie and Beverley? Two more girls end up joining our little group as well. We walk out of the bus and I wave to Hero who's still sitting inside.

"What's that smell?" I hear Beverley say beside me.

"That's called fresh air." Danielle tells her. "You're probably used to choking on perfume."

Beverley scoffs in return.

"Let's find our cabin." Jess walks ahead of us and we each make our way toward the cabins scattered around. As we walk closer I catch a better view of the lake from here. The sun is glistening off the water, it's almost blinding.

"Here." I point out. I turn the knob and the door opens after scraping against the wooden floor. To my relief it's actually pretty clean in here.

There are eight beds in total, four on each side. I choose the nearest one and toss my bag on it. Danielle chooses the other one beside me and Jess picks the one across from me. Beverley and Sofie choose the two beds farthest away from us while the other two choose what's left.

I look around the cabin once more. It's a typical cabin with everything made of refurbished wood. It's also pretty large which leaves enough space for everyone. I walk toward the back and take a look inside the bathroom.