Chapter 15 | punching someone

"You did what!"

"You're acting like I took him to a bar!" I shout at my mother. "We went for a ride, he wore his seatbelt and that was it."

"Do you know how dangerous convertible cars are? Ella this is getting ridiculous, who was driving the car?" She asks crossing her arms across her chest.

"Hero."

I know I shouldn't have told her but I couldn't keep it from her forever.

"Hero? Hero Adams?"

I reply with a slow nod.

"Is he the one with all the tattoos?" Her eyebrows shift into thought. "Rachel's son?"

"Sure." I shrug. I'm not sure who Rachel was but I'm guessing that's Hero's mother.

"Exactly my point Ella, he's a troubled kid. Rachel and I don't associate often but when we had she told me all about his bad and dangerous habits." She exclaims. "Please tell me you're at least being safe?"

"What! Oh gosh no!" I cover my face with my hands. "We aren't doing anything."

"Oh?" She looks confused. Did she honestly think I was already hooking up with guys? I didn't want her to think that low of me even if I had pictured Hero smashing me against those lockers multiple times in my head. I realize I'm even biting my lip at the thought. "He's the one you kissed at that party isn't he?"

My silence brings her and answer and she starts to grin at me.

"Okay, I'm going to go to my room now." I sing.

When I do get to my room I close my door and jump up when I see a dark figure walking toward me but before I can scream or turn on the light they cover my mouth with their hand. I can't see them because my room is entirely dark, with the sun already set.

They reach behind me and the light suddenly turns on. Grey eyes flash in front of me and he slowly drops his hand.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growl, Hero laughs in amusement at my terrified state, I can still feel my heart beating rapidly. "Your a dick y'know that?"

He shrugs playfully like he's used to being called that. He's wearing a black sweatshirt and his hair is messy almost falling in front of his eyes. He looks irresistible, but no, I'm not going to be one of those girls that instantly fall at his feet. I won't be.

He brushes his hair back with one stroke and smiles. He looks even more irresistible when his smirk or scowls are replaced with a smile. I've never seen him smile in front of anyone before except that brunette from the party.

"Why are you here? In my room?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him in suspicion.

"My essay, I still haven't learned a lot about you other than the fact that you like The Great Gatsby way too much and you hate pineapple pizza."

I drop my bag on top of my desk as I remember I already finished my essay with Dylan which I haven't mentioned to Hero. He seems to be in a good mood so I won't ruin it.

"Okay, what do wanna know?" I ask him, this was going to be much easier than asking him about anything.

Hero starts looking through my bag I'm guessing to find a piece of paper, I walk across my room to kick off my shoes and then I turn around. Hero's standing with my notebook open in his hands and I watch as he rips a page out.

"What the hell?" His eyes look up at me in a threatening glare. "Who's Dylan?"

I freeze, shit.